DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 2 batteries - first charge

MassCoyote

Reactions
With the original MM, batteries were known to “brick” if you first charged them with the hub.

Does the Mini 2 also have the requirement to charge in the drone first and not to use the hub for their first charge?

I put all three of mine in the charging hub for the first charge and - so far - they are fine.

Just remember to remove them from the hub/drone for storage otherwise the auto-discharge function will not start.

Reactions: MassCoyote
I haven't heard of any issues with battery lock like what happened with the MM or the first batch of MA2 batteries but I still charged them one at a time the first trip out for the sake of being cautious. It's just the once and doesn't actually take up much more time for you unless you're dieing to fly a lot right out of the gate.

Reactions: MassCoyote
Just remember to remove them from the hub/drone for storage otherwise the auto-discharge function will not start.

Is this still the case with the newest firmware? I thought I read somewhere that DJI corrected that issue of not auto-discharge if left in the hub. Should go down to about 73% after 9 days?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S