DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 2 controler trouble upgrading

Whiteeskimo

Reactions
Hello everyone
I have been using the mini 2 for awhile now and I just had the mini 2 aircraft replaced and in needs to have the controller upgraded and it provides for the download on screen but I have tried many times but it does not work
please help thank you

What controller do you have ?
I think the ONLY compatible controller for the Mini 2 is the DJI RC-232, you might know it as the DJI RC-N1.

If correct then there are no "upgrades".

Whoops my mistake, see the next post. Sorry about that.
By any chance do you mean you need to update the firmware on your controller ?

If so download and instal the

DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)​

to your computer.

Boot the program, switch the controller on and connect it to the computerr via USB.
Ensure that you comply with any time scales but that might ONLY apply to the drone.
Once the program sees the controller I think you will see an firmware option/menu.
If so open that option and, at a guess, select the new firmware and install it. It may take a while so ensure the controller's battery is fairly well charged and keep an eye on the program. I haven't updated a mini 2 controller but it is possible it might switch off and on several times during the update process, if so I magine the program will tell you that the controller is going to switch off.
When the process has completed I would suggest you reboot the controller after disconnecting the USB cable, just be sure that you yourself DO NOT switch the controller off whilst the update process is running.

Last edited:
Thank you very much
I did what you instructed for me to do and downloaded the DJI assistant and everything upgraded the firm-wear perfectly and it now works
thank you again

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr