DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji mini 2 crashed. Need help with parts.

HellBlazer

Reactions
Hello everyone from Croatia.
Since I'm from Croatia we only have 1 DJI repair location and they r only doing warranty repairs. Short story they don't have parts in stock at all and just couldn't fix my drone for $$.

I have all sorts of errors. Screenshot_20210604-132312.jpg
So I got this far..
1. 3 in 1 flat gimbal cable(I can buy that pretty easily or fix broken one.)

2. I need new IMU module? It let's me calibrate it to 100% but after drone restarts automatically error appears.

3. All that gps errors smells like new gps module as well. I can see like around 15 satellites found, but error stays.

4. Compass error. It won't let me calibrate compass. I just can't press start in the app so probably broken too?

Fixing drone is really not that big of a deal. I have all the tools since i work as car electrician and am familiar with fixing simmilar stuff. The main problem i have is exactly addressing what parts i need and where to get them. I can't find IMU nor GPS module to buy. Keep in mind USA has ridiculously high shipping prices + import fees. Anyone know any site/link where i can get parts in EU or China and what parts i need? I'm basically stuck atm really hard.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210529-122722_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210529-122722_Gallery.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 27
I'm far from an expert, so can't offer much, but I think the compass module is actually part (its a little chip) of the 3 way ribbon cable, so if that cable is damaged it might be why there's a compass problem.

Just to be certain, what errors are you receiving when starting up your drone outdoors with no buildings blocking satellite view and clear of concrete structures?

Just to be certain, what errors are you receiving when starting up your drone outdoors with no buildings blocking satellite view and clear of concrete structures?
Same as in pic. Didn't exactly go 500 m from buildings but did try on field the size of 2 football fields where we usually fly.

Wanted to be certain as it was an indoor photo - best to check. [emoji41]

I believe the GPS, IMU and Barometric pressure sensor are on the same board with the GPS on top.

83cea338a19124f08366dfc211c5d0d9.jpg

With the IMU & GPS both showing issues it could be as simple as one of the cables or connectors between the board and the main controller board is causing this.

I’ll check for suppliers.

Wanted to be certain as it was an indoor photo - best to check. [emoji41]

I believe the GPS, IMU and Barometric pressure sensor are on the same board with the GPS on top.

83cea338a19124f08366dfc211c5d0d9.jpg

With the IMU & GPS both showing issues it could be as simple as one of the cables or connectors between the board and the main controller board is causing this.

I’ll check for suppliers.
Thank you so much. That's the part where I got lost actually but didn't want to ask stupid questions. GPS, IMU and barometric all come together to be replaced? If yes then i might give a shot with usa sellers.

Can someone help? Had no luck finding parts..

I’m not 100% certain but I think the IMU (Accelerometers and Gyros) are on the same board but GPS & Barometric pressure sensor (it’s the tiny metal can about 3mm square with a small hole in the top) definitely are on the board shown. If the board is mounted on rubber pin mounts then the IMU is included.

Hope you get a fixed without too much trouble.

I’m not 100% certain but I think the IMU (Accelerometers and Gyros) are on the same board but GPS & Barometric pressure sensor (it’s the tiny metal can about 3mm square with a small hole in the top) definitely are on the board shown. If the board is mounted on rubber pin mounts then the IMU is included.

Hope you get a fixed without too much trouble.
Would just buy everything at this point. But what's wrong with spare parts for this model? I had high hopes in aliexpress but nothing. Literally every single site doesn't have Imu,nor gps nor any other vital part. Only plastics and motors.

Start with replacing the multi ribbon cable
if you still have these errors you will need a new gps/IMU

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji