DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 2 New Firmware

bVOID

Reactions
So the new firmware's major updates include new fps settings for 2.7k, photo zoom, and some bug fixes for images. What other features would you like to be included in further updates? And no, ActiveTrack is definitely not an acceptable answer. For me personally I would love the Mini 2 to have a built-in Dolly Zoom effect or Hyperlapse/TImelapse modes.

Reactions: xi-elf and rcb
So the new firmware's major updates include new fps settings for 2.7k, photo zoom, and some bug fixes for images. What other features would you like to be included in further updates? And no, ActiveTrack is definitely not an acceptable answer. For me personally I would love the Mini 2 to have a built-in Dolly Zoom effect or Hyperlapse/TImelapse modes.
It may be simple, but being able to rotate around a point with set distances would be nice and possibly the other classic of follow me (tracking the phone or remote); nothing fancy but options on lower cost drones I have.

Welcome!
I suggested the feature of "Auto Dolly Zoom" to Dronelink. Hope they do it.

EDIT: Just a thought. If you all go and vote for it maybe it will happen? Here is the thread.
Mavic Air 2 "Auto Dolly Zoom" feature?

Last edited:
Welcome!
I suggested the feature of "Auto Dolly Zoom" to Dronelink. Hope they do it.

EDIT: Just a thought. If you all go and vote for it maybe it will happen? Here is the thread.
Mavic Air 2 "Auto Dolly Zoom" feature?
While it is possible, and that is a big stretch, some major math and alogarythm in a all digital system would be required, Dolly zoom is normally done in movies and how the Mavic 2 Zoom does it, you need optical zoom. It can be done in post processing but is pretty extensive to figure poi and then the zoom out with a digital mask or filter if you will and setting correct speeds for a objects framing, and has to be done in post...after the shot. The MA2 only has digital zoom, so nice to dream, but probably isn't going to happen. Best of luck, safe flights.

Funny thing is it is one of the features that I wanted when I bought my M2Z couple of months ago, but haven't found the right POI (For me) to use it yet. :)

Last edited:
The "new" firmware you mention was released nearly 1 month ago. Hardly new is it. Old news buddy.

Reactions: Venomvip
The "new" firmware you mention was released nearly 1 month ago. Hardly new is it. Old news buddy.
Agreed, I looked at this with a degree of excitement, then with disappointment, anyway, what’s wrong with wanting active track?

Reactions: xi-elf
As a beginner, don't worry about fancy automated move like Dolley and others. You should be flying your drone in an attempt to learn the basic skills of flying a model. Don't use self-landing and take-offs. Try maneuvers like following a subject, flying circle around a moving target by flying the model yourself. After shooting tousands of shots for others, I'm yet to recall one job where I could use an automated built-in move

Stay Safe- Mike

Reactions: xi-elf
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdober