DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji Mini 2 or Mavic air 2?

Does the Mini 2 have the digital zoom feature as now added on the Air 2? I use it a lot on 1080 4x and it has excellent resolution. If I was buying today, I would still favour the Air 2. But if budget dictates, then the Mini 2 is getting great reviews. Longer term? Air 2. ??

i Have an M2P and a mini, I use the mini for travel as its size/weight is so convenient, not to mention the weight restrictions/registration issues with international travel. Previousply I travelled with the original air but it was way too noisy and had half the flight time. I do miss the active track but I rarely use this when travelling. It really does depend on what/how/where you intend to use it. I’m ordering the mini 2 as we speak!

So there you have it...there’s no right or wrong answer for the OP, just a personal decision on which fits his/her personal needs best. They’re both very capable machines for what they are designed for and for all practical purposes, we’ll apparently see very little difference in the video output from the two. Enjoy whatever you get and don’t look back. ?

Reactions: Jezabob92
I'll pipe up here and do some dissing on the MA2 (which I own).

Learned that DJI has added automatic turn coordination to the MA2 with the latest firmware. And it does the job badly.

Makes any sort of fun flying in Sport mode impossible. the MA1 is a riotously fun drone to zoom around and dive with. The Mini 2 fills that need too. Not with the Air 2.

I confirmed this yesterday. My MA2 is relegated to hyperlapses and other AI stuff that I can't do with the MM2. Not going to be flying the MA2 for "fun" until they make this auto-coordination "feature" selectable, which they probably never will.

MA2 hands down! But if weight and size is most important to you and don't mind a compromise in functionality, MM2.

The MA2 has a design flaw imo. A lot of people without any incident (me included) have seen stress cracks formed at hinge points of front arms.

A question for those who have Mini2 and another higher end drone (ma2, mp2..etc) Is there a significant difference between image quality? I compared some dng photos from mini 2 and air 2, and I didnt notice almost any difference.

I just watched a very compelling video on uTube comparing the two (sorry, I can’t remember his name). Bottom line is the Mini2 holds it’s own in video but the Air2 has the advantage in photos.

I have both ,I love the video and pics on both ,they're very similar u probably couldn't tell them apart as far as video & pictures are concerned. I will say the mini 2 is awsome for those flying low and extremely close shots,I'd rather crash my mini 2 than the air 2. Definitely less anxious with mini2.
I’ve been searching on the net for the best drones, and I’ve recently found a very helpful website about choosing a drone here: DroneTechNews - Drone News, Buying Guides & Reviews

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM