DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 2 vs Hubsan Mini Pro

OldGuy

Reactions
Have any of you been following alishanmao (
) on YouTube this past week or so during his testing of the Hubsan Mini Pro? This rival to the Mini 2 has been popular in the press these past few months but has failed to be released to the general public due to a reportedly lack of chips!? Anyway alishanmao is the first YouTuber as far as I am aware to get his hands on the actual drone itself. As anticipated this new arrival is almost identical to the Mini 2 but with additional feature such as obstacle avoidance which gives it active track capabilities, 40 minutes flight time as well as several other functions lacking on the Mini 2. It will be interesting to see how it delivers in comparison to the Mini 2 once it hits the markets for real. Lots of advanced orders have been made but no deliveries as far!

Reactions: Chris4koi
Have any of you been following alishanmao (
) on YouTube this past week or so during his testing of the Hubsan Mini Pro? This rival to the Mini 2 has been popular in the press these past few months but has failed to be released to the general public due to a reportedly lack of chips!? Anyway alishanmao is the first YouTuber as far as I am aware to get his hands on the actual drone itself. As anticipated this new arrival is almost identical to the Mini 2 but with additional feature such as obstacle avoidance which gives it active track capabilities, 40 minutes flight time as well as several other functions lacking on the Mini 2. It will be interesting to see how it delivers in comparison to the Mini 2 once it hits the markets for real. Lots of advanced orders have been made but no deliveries as far!
Wait for more actual flight reviews before jumping in on this one. I want to like this drone but it comes from a company with a weak track record. I believe I have already seen a couple of videos where the Zino Mini Pro is struggling to keep a level horizon.

Wait for more actual flight reviews before jumping in on this one. I want to like this drone but it comes from a company with a weak track record. I believe I have already seen a couple of videos where the Zino Mini Pro is struggling to keep a level horizon.
I agree with you. If it is successful I was thinking it would make a nice Christmas present for myself! ha ha
By the way my first drone was a Hubsan H501S which wasn't half bad and taught me a lot of things about drones in general.

Reactions: Chris4koi
Well, he does get drones free (and previews) from Hubsan so I take his reviews with a grain of salt. I'll wait for reviews from real users.
Even so but you do get to see the drone and know that it does exist outside of Husban's advertising. Also obstacle avoidance was clearly demonstrated along with other flying attributes.

Even so but you do get to see the drone and know that it does exist outside of Husban's advertising. Also obstacle avoidance was clearly demonstrated along with other flying attributes.
I have sought out every video out there so far to see the flight video from the Zino Mini Pro.... So far I am seeing very true colors but very soft if not slightly out of focus images, They seem to sharpen up when the ZMP is not moving making me believe it is having some issues with focus. Admittedly these are Youtube videos and it could be horrible encoding at low resolution.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, these videos also feature horizons that are not level....I am hoping this drone is Hubsan's coming out party as a true competitor to DJI but there are a few kinks to work out yet. Hopefully software updates are coming that will straighten out any problems as it seems that Hubsan wants this product to be good.

Reactions: OldGuy
A few things to note, not in any particular order. First, depending on only internal memory -- that is, no ability to use an external sdcard -- is an unusual decision for a drone and may turn out to have significant negative consequences depending on build and component quality. More foundationally, the GNSS on this unit only works with GPS and GLONASS, which will usually mean significantly fewer satellites in use than Mini 2 which also includes GALILEO. This can really matter in terms of accuracy and stability of location fix. Perhaps most importantly, it appears this unit has heat issues coming right out of the gate. The reportedly last minute addition of a removable plastic shield to put space between users and lower end heat sink is not auspicious, and reportedly the disabling of FPV when the unit is not in the air also relates to heat issues. Heat is a real enemy of precision electronics.

Marcus Crawford at Idaho Quadcopter has posted a review of his Zino Mini Pro, and finds a few issues.

Noting the part of the video where (on apparently a not very hot day) the unit after a few minutes is throwing a warning that aircraft temperature is too high so obstacle avoidance and video function have been turned off. It really looks like heat issues may be an Achilles heel for this drone.

Noting the part of the video where (on apparently a not very hot day) the unit after a few minutes is throwing a warning that aircraft temperature is too high so obstacle avoidance and video function have been turned off. It really looks like heat issues may be an Achilles heel for this drone.
If this is of interest to you and the temperature reached in flight indoors ... I don't want to imagine outdoors with high external temperatures.
Screenshot_20210825-212229_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20210825-212142_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20210825-212428_YouTube.jpg
Images taken from quadricottero news.

Reactions: Dronut and OldGuy
In my opinion it is an interesting drone, but still very immature on the Software side .. from what I have seen, it is not at the level of the Mini 2.

Reactions: cc_jim
In my opinion it is an interesting drone, but still very immature on the Software side .. from what I have seen, it is not at the level of the Mini 2.
I’m hoping that DJI will come out with a Mini 3 soon which would be a better competitor for the Zino Mini Pro especially if it is in time for Christmas and has all the expected upgrades like obstacle avoidance etc.

I’m hoping that DJI will come out with a Mini 3 soon which would be a better competitor for the Zino Mini Pro especially if it is in time for Christmas and has all the expected upgrades like obstacle avoidance etc.
I wanted to wait for the mini 3, then I decided for a mini 2 combo ... and I'm sure it will always remain a TOP drone! As I fly exclusively in the countryside, I don't feel the need to avoid obstacles.

I wanted to wait for the mini 3, then I decided for a mini 2 combo ... and I'm sure it will always remain a TOP drone! As I fly exclusively in the countryside, I don't feel the need to avoid obstacles.
But wouldn’t you like to be able do Waypoints, Follow me, Active track etc. Not to mention a better quality camera (12 MP hardly cuts it these days). Also a longer flight time always comes in handy. If DJI can match Hubsan’s 40 minutes on their Zino Mini Pro the new DJI MIni 3 would have this extra flight time along with these other these features and perhaps more I imagine!? Worth waiting for in my opinion.

But wouldn’t you like to be able do Waypoints, Follow me, Active track etc. Not to mention a better quality camera (12 MP hardly cuts it these days). Also a longer flight time always comes in handy. If DJI can match Hubsan’s 40 minutes on their Zino Mini Pro the new DJI MIni 3 would have this extra flight time along with these other these features and perhaps more I imagine!? Worth waiting for in my opinion.
I totally agree with what you say ... but or already bought a mini 2 combo.
believe me for what I do with the drone is more than enough. think that for 2 years I have always flown with the little dji tello, giving me great flight satisfaction.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom