DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 2 vs Hubsan Mini Pro

I totally agree with what you say ... but or already bought a mini 2 combo.
believe me for what I do with the drone is more than enough. think that for 2 years I have always flown with the little dji tello, giving me great flight satisfaction.
I bought the Mini 2 when it first came out after selling my Mini 1 and I wouldn't hesitate to do the same again should a Mini 3 appear anytime soon. The upgrades on newer models are usually significant. As an example the Mini 1 was useless in the wind, lost height sometimes (due to deformed propellers), had enhanced wi-fi not Ocusync 2 etc etc.

I bought the Mini 2 when it first came out after selling my Mini 1 and I wouldn't hesitate to do the same again should a Mini 3 appear anytime soon. The upgrades on newer models are usually significant. As an example the Mini 1 was useless in the wind, lost height sometimes (due to deformed propellers), had enhanced wi-fi not Ocusync 2 etc etc.
surely if one day I sell the mini 2 I will switch to 3 without doubts! but now the mini 2 is perfect for me.

I am a real Hubsan Zino Mini owner.

Pros:
1. In rural area it did 7 km. Mavic Mini 2 did 4 km in the same spot.
There was good connection both with FPV and control.
2. Overheating when hovering. When flying no overheating at all. BTW, I am from Israel - very hot weather.
There is a warning and a gauge for overheating.
3. I had no problems with connection, calibration, etc. Just do everything according to manual.
4. Max flight time was about 32 min. Far from ideal condition, though.
5. Very stable when hovering even with mild wind.
6. All usual features like RTH, lost connection RTH, etc. work well.

Cons:
1. Overheating - however I can live with that.
2. It's difficult to insert and remove a battery. going very tight.
3. Low battery warning could be more intelligent - just to take into account distance and height. Pure software problem.
4. UI of app somehow confusing.

I didn't test all features yes I have it only one week. However, the bottom line - I like it, a good drone. IMHO better than Mavic Mini 2.

Attachments

• distance.png
    distance.png
    220.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_2021-10-01-22-01-16-997_com.hubsan.drone.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-10-01-22-01-16-997_com.hubsan.drone.jpg
    702.2 KB · Views: 12

Pros:
2. Overheating when hovering. When flying no overheating at all. BTW, I am from Israel - very hot weather.
3. I had no problems with connection, calibration, etc. Just do everything according to manual.

Cons:
3. Low battery warning could be more intelligent - just to take into account distance and height. Pure software problem.

I didn't test all features yes I have it only one week. However, the bottom line - I like it, a good drone. IMHO better than Mavic Mini 2.

Pros:

Cons:

Thank you for the useful information on the HZMP. I am definitely thinking of getting one for Christmas. I have fitted my Mini 2 with an Alientech signal booster which improves the connectivity especially in Wi-Fi busy areas. I neve lose connection now and suffer a forced RTH.

Additions:
Pros:
- Today I checked flying in urban area (many interference, but no building, trees obstruction) - 5 km easily - what's going on?!
Cons:
- No external Micro SD Card. There is built-in 64G or 128G
Transferring videos from a drone to a phone really slow. No type C USB - old one.
- Night FPV stream could be better (or I would like it to be better).

BTW, @OldGuy. I see you have Tripltek. I was told that real solution for direct sunlight is this:
No matter that it looks funny if it helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldGuy
Additions:
Pros:
- Today I checked flying in urban area (many interference, but no building, trees obstruction) - 5 km easily - what's going on?!
Cons:
- No external Micro SD Card. There is built-in 64G or 128G
Transferring videos from a drone to a phone really slow. No type C USB - old one.
- Night FPV stream could be better (or I would like it to be better).

BTW, @OldGuy. I see you have Tripltek. I was told that real solution for direct sunlight is this:
No matter that it looks funny if it helps.
Like you I live in a very sunny place and normal tablets/phones are not bright enough with screens at around 450 NITS. The Tripltek screen is 1200 NITS so is much brighter and easier to see in direct sunlight. The best screen I have ever used is the DJI CrystalSky Ultra at 2,000 NITS. Unfortunately it is only a 34 bit machine and will not work with all the new drones which are based on a 64 bit system. It was very expensive and now that I have sold my M2Z is completely useless!

Like you I live in a very sunny place and normal tablets/phones are not bright enough with screens at around 450 NITS. The Tripltek screen is 1200 NITS so is much brighter and easier to see in direct sunlight. The best screen I have ever used is the DJI CrystalSky Ultra at 2,000 NITS. Unfortunately it is only a 34 bit machine and will not work with all the new drones which are based on a 64 bit system. It was very expensive and now that I have sold my M2Z is completely useless!
Apols for keeping this o/t but referring to the Triplek screen which I have been considering - do you have any problems with the weight ? I have been using a 10" tablet with a ball head style tablet mount. It weighs just under half a kilo which is under half the weight of the Triplek but I find it puts a lot of strain on the controller mount (which I believe is the antenna). I have now got a long cable and tend to just hold the controller on its own and put the tablet down somewhere and pick it up only when I need to do something (usually camera related).

If this is of interest to you and the temperature reached in flight indoors ... I don't want to imagine outdoors with high external temperatures.
View attachment 134023
View attachment 134024
View attachment 134025
Images taken from quadricottero news.
As an owner of Zino Mini Pro I can confirm that overheating is a problem for this drone.
However, no matter how hot is outside when a drone fly there is no overheat whatsoever. When hovering yes.

Another issue about overheating is when I transfer videos from a drone ( the drone is turned on, but idle) there is overheating as well. I cool it with a ventilator and air conditioner.

The bottom line: when there is no air flow the drone is overheated.

If this is of interest to you and the temperature reached in flight indoors ... I don't want to imagine outdoors with high external temperatures.
View attachment 134023
View attachment 134024
View attachment 134025
Images taken from quadricottero news.
As an owner of Zino Mini Pro I can confirm that overheating is a problem for this drone.
However, no matter how hot is outside when a drone fly there is no overheat whatsoever. When hovering yes.

Another issue about overheating is when I transfer videos from a drone ( the drone is turned on, but idle) there is overheating as well. I cool it with a ventilator and air conditioner.

The bottom line when: there is no air flow the drone is overheated.

Apols for keeping this o/t but referring to the Triplek screen which I have been considering - do you have any problems with the weight ? I have been using a 10" tablet with a ball head style tablet mount. It weighs just under half a kilo which is under half the weight of the Triplek but I find it puts a lot of strain on the controller mount (which I believe is the antenna). I have now got a long cable and tend to just hold the controller on its own and put the tablet down somewhere and pick it up only when I need to do something (usually camera related).
Yes the Tripltek is heavy also it is very thick. I had to modify a normal tablet holder so that it would hold the Tripltek safely. I usually take/use a very light deck chair and sit down when I am flying so I can rest/support my arms.

Attachments

• DSCF5698.JPG
    DSCF5698.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
After one month with Hubsan Zino Mini Pro

Pros:
1. In urban area (unbelievable) I did 4.5 km. No obstructions, however.

Cons:
1. Overheating when I copy videos from drone (when drone is turned on but idle). I cool my drone with an air conditioner.
2. Lights on the drone extremely faint. I bought additional light. 6 g each. I have two.
3. Sudden GPS disconnections. There shouldn't be any interferences I've checked it on Trimble GNSS Planning and UAV Forcast.
Everything should be all right. No strong magnetic fields nearby or radars of any kind (checked, really checked).
My opinion and not only my that it was a hardware failure.
Indeed, I've found a video on youtube that confirms my problem with GPS and allegedly fix from Hubsan engineers.
I contacted Hubsan for a confirmation.
No reaction so far, but I am not going to get them away with that. The fix is hardware fix. I need to disassemble the drone and fix some wire (or something like that). I don't want to do it w/o formal confirmation.
Now I fly with a lot more cautious.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada