DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini DJI mini 2 Wind Test

Took advantage of the windy days we've been having.
Thank you so much for adding subtitles. I appreciate it very much ! It makes a difference for me now that I can see and understand what you're talking about. Having subtitles makes it easier for me understand the context of the video. Again, thank you so much. ?

Reactions: quick2352
Brilliant,thanks....
edit
Ahh, sorry but all other things remaining the same, "zig zagging" does not work, sorry.
Drones have a limited airspeed, if that airspeed is insufficient to make headway (relative to the ground) when flying straight into the wind then flying at an angle to the wind reduces the "component"/part of the available air speed that is directed into the wind.
Think of a motorboat in a river, say the river flows at 10mph, if the boat's throttle is set to give 10mph realtive to the water. Someone on the river bank would see the boat as stationary when the boat is pointed driectly up stream. If the boat is steered towards the bank then that observer will see it swept down stream as it moves to the river bank.

If you made headway by zig zagging then something else was happening, for example, the wind may have slowed or you moved into slower air or your initial flight path was not directly into the wind and the new flight path was more so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Igwe3