DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dji mini 2 with mavic pro 2 controller?

ed48

Reactions
Received the Mini 2 few days ago, very nice drone. The only drawback to me is controller size, its not that easy to put into the pocket.
So I wonder if gonna work with smaller mavic pro 2 controller. That would be nice.

I'm going to guess that you would not be able to use a Mavic 2 controller as that system uses the DJI Go4 app where as the Mini's and MA2 use the DJI Fly app. It has just been revealed that you can use a MA2 controller on the Mini... But what's the point unless you break the one that comes with the drone?

Not possible. Mavic 2 and Mini 2 are two incompatible systems. However, the MA2 controller is the same as the Mini 2 controller. With the latest FW update to the MA2 RC, it can also fly the Mini 2, so you can use the same controller and device with both drones. No need for two setups.

Not possible. Mavic 2 and Mini 2 are two incompatible systems. However, the MA2 controller is the same as the Mini 2 controller. With the latest FW update to the MA2 RC, it can also fly the Mini 2, so you can use the same controller and device with both drones. No need for two setups.
No, they are not. Both are using OcuSync 2.0
With a softwareupdate it should be possible but I doubt DJI will do that.
(Hope DJI will make the SmartController Mini2 capable soon.)

Its a shame they decided same controller for pocket drone as as full scale drone, also removed hdmi output from new controller, what they saved 2$?
I wish they do new controller, travel edition, lightweight and compact, I would buy it. Same components just compact packaging and less battary, should very easy to do.
Its a shame that with all these new technologies, new materials, cheap workforce , the marketing and product placements, really limniting us customers to experience really nice products.

Agree with the comment above. Combining an ultra compact drone with a controller that is way bigger than for example the M1P controller seems weird. Completely lost interest in the Mini2 due to the oversize controller. Defeats most of the the purpose.

Exactly. Im using mavic mini 1, while cycling, MTB or skiing, the compact controller fits perfectelly in the cycling jersey. The new version of controller is nice, but now its difficult to use it while cycling or skiing , its just too heavy.
As all latest drones use smart controller and m2 potentially, looks like they have same technology, so allowing mavic 2 pro controller for mini2, looks like easy firmware fix.

Pardon my ignorance, controller of which drone did have hdmi output??
Its a shame they decided same controller for pocket drone as as full scale drone, also removed hdmi output from new controller, what they saved 2$?
I wish they do new controller, travel edition, lightweight and compact, I would buy it. Same components just compact packaging and less battary, should very easy to do.
Its a shame that with all these new technologies, new materials, cheap workforce , the marketing and product placements, really limniting us customers to experience really nice products.

Yes, sorry my bad, not exactly hdmi, the spark and old air controllers could connect to dji goggles by micro usb cable.
We have second usb c output on the air2/mini2, its probably only for charging, anyone got any clue if it hold a potential to video transfer in future with updates etc.

If the new remote is like the previous Mavic remotes, you couldn't use both USB ports for data at the same time. As a matter of fact, if you left the short cable plugged into the RC, the full A port did not work except to provide power, even if the short cable wasn't connected to anything else.

One could charge the RC from the side port while using the bottom port though.

I don't think there's anything in the Mavic RCs to render video like there is for Inspire and modified P3 remotes. You'd have to get the rendered video from the mobile device. A hitch you'll have in an attempt to use a USB HDMI adapter is that they expect the mobile device to be in OTG mode, but the RC is actually the OTG side when connecting to a mobile device.

Reactions: ed48
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead