DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 3 Best Drone not requiring registration?

You are completely mistaken! Please cite your source

<250g drones" phrasing has been allowed to perpetuate
Because this is a FACT. Read the FAA's website!
  • All drones must be registered, except those that weigh 0.55 pounds or less (less than 250 grams) and are flown exclusively under the Exception for Recreational Flyers.
  • Drones registered under part 107 may be flown for recreational purposes as well as under part 107.
  • Drones registered under the Exception for Recreational Flyers cannot be flown for Part 107 operations.
You ONLY need to register a drone weighing less than 250g if flying Part 107, and in that case, you are registering the drone and a unique FAA ID is to be placed on "each" drone.

Recreational pilots register themselves, not each drone. Note: drones that are registered under Part 107 can be flown recreationally.
Read my comment again, then read what you wrote again and tell me where the contradiction is.*

Now tell me, if you buy a sub-250g drone and only plan to fly it recreationally, do you have to register with the FAA,** and if so, is that process different from if you bought an over-250g drone?***

*there isn’t one
**yes
***no

[*]All drones must be registered, except those that weigh 0.55 pounds or less (less than 250 grams) and are flown exclusively under the Exception for Recreational Flyers.

Recreational pilots register themselves, not each drone.
See how that works?

Read my comment again, then read what you wrote again and tell me where the contradiction is.*

Now tell me, if you buy a sub-250g drone and only plan to fly it recreationally, do you have to register with the FAA,** and if so, is that process different from if you bought an over-250g drone?***

*there isn’t one
**yes
***no
Well, that's easy. EVERYTHING you said.

You stated:
"<250g drones" phrasing has been allowed to perpetuate. YOU have to register regardless of your drone's weight, and then you just input the serial number of your drone in the system as part of your inventory, but your drone doesn't get a unique registration number like it would under 107. In effect, I think the only difference a sub-250g drone makes for a recreational flyer is that you don't have to label it with your registration number?"

Which is 100% false! In fact, just the opposite is true. You DO NOT have to register a drone <250g if flown exclusively for recreation. It is you that needs to re-read

The only thing you said that any truth to it is that it doesn't take long to register (which by the way, is not an issue since you don't have to (unless, as I said flying under Part 107).

I am not going to argue with you or allow you to continue to post inaccurate information

Well, that's easy. EVERYTHING you said.

You stated:
"<250g drones" phrasing has been allowed to perpetuate. YOU have to register regardless of your drone's weight, and then you just input the serial number of your drone in the system as part of your inventory, but your drone doesn't get a unique registration number like it would under 107. In effect, I think the only difference a sub-250g drone makes for a recreational flyer is that you don't have to label it with your registration number?"

Which is 100% false! In fact, just the opposite is true. You DO NOT have to register a drone <250g if flown exclusively for recreation. It is you that needs to re-read

The only thing you said that any truth to it is that it doesn't take long to register (which by the way, is not an issue since you don't have to (unless, as I said flying under Part 107).

I am not going to argue with you or allow you to continue to post inaccurate information

Just to clarify as I'm a little confused with the back and forth, for drones over 250g is it the drone itself that gets registered or just you as a person?

Just to clarify as I'm a little confused with the back and forth, for drones over 250g is it the drone itself that gets registered or just you as a person?
Recreational operation - You are registered. $5/3 years. No big deal. Number is used for all your drones. Just do it.
Part 107 Commercial - You are licensed and each drone is registered individually.

Do the Trust exam today. Again, no big deal, but it's a requirement. Just do it.

Reactions: quickcut
Recreational operation - You are registered. $5/3 years. No big deal. Number is used for all your drones. Just do it.
[--snipped--]
Why? What value is there? What purpose does that serve?

Attachments

• blazing-saddles.jpg
    blazing-saddles.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 0
Recreational Pilots are registering themselves and can use the same FAA number on multiple drones.
Part 107 Pilots must register each drone with s/n and each drone will have its own FAA number.

How to Register

Reactions: quickcut
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2