DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 3 Pro essential accessories?

BroomRider

Reactions
I recently purchased the new M3P with the Fly More bundle & see a few things I need to get, including a set of filters (ND + polarized + UV), an anti-glare RC controller screen cover & sun shade, & a decent case large enough to hold all the things I'll need for a day of flying. I did also buy - not from DJI as their prices were more expensive - 2 microSDXC Samsung PROplus cards, a 128GB & a 512GB, 1 of which included their high-speed reader.

Since DJI didn't have their "recommended charger" available at the time (why in the heck would they have the drone available yet not the charger to go with it?), I did a bit of research & purchased a 100W 4-port charger (UGREEN M#CD226 / P/N: 40737) from Amazon along with 3 appropriate current-rated cords - so I can charge 1 battery in the drone, & 2 in their multi-charger base, & the RC controller, all at the same time, + 1 extra item if needed, without the sequential charging time limit of the charger base.

Putting everything into the case/bag supplied by DJI is a REALLY tight fit - including the charger base, charger, cords, etc. Although I don't walk out to my launching site with all that in the bag, I do put them all into it when I leave my home & get into my car. Adding a filter kit with case would make the available carrying capacity even more tight.

I'm still trying to find & get recommendations for the other items. I turned up the screen brightness on the RC controller all the way, & although I can see it adequately, the real problem is the reflected glare from its shiny flat reflective screen, which is a real problem in any light bright enough to fly. I really don't want to buy an anti-glare/anti-reflective screen cover made for something else & then have to do some custom trimming to make it fit, & even then, it looks as if they still don't even fit properly due to size limitations.

So, I'm interested in getting suggestions/recommendations for those things... filter kit w/ case, anti-glare screen, sun shade, & larger carrying bag/case for the whole kit.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Rchawks
A couple recommendations from yours truly:
I would also recommend the Lowepro BP300 AW backpack , I can get the mini 3 pro the batteries in charger and 1 in drone the new RC , my Canon Mirrorless camera plus 3 extra lenses , various leads spare batteries for camera and a folding landing pad. If I travel and have to put drone into luggage compartment I use a hard case and put hard case inside a bigger backpack surrounded by spare clothing, cheers Len

I bought this Sunshade from StartRC on Amazon. Enough clearance to use your thumbs on the sticks. Has 2 holes to mount a neck strap and folds fairly flat if you take the sticks off. Or, you can easily remove it with two thumbscrews.
It cost less than $25 in the US.
There is also a silicone shade available, details are in another topic in this forum.
71yZtcZkc-L._AC_SX679_.jpg

STARTRC Mini 3 Pro Sun Hood Sunshade for DJI Mini 3 Pro RC

Reactions: BroomRider
I've never been keen on screen protectors, but to each his own. I took a chance and bought a screen shade that seems to be (generally) well designed. The one flaw is that the plastic bar frame that goes across the top of the controller's screen prevents pulling down the menu that has the wifi and other controls. 10 minutes with a fingernail file solved that.

One of the things that I find indispensible is a lanyard. I want the ability to have both hands free without setting my controller down. The DJI RC poses a particular challenge because the only way to attach a lanyard is with the two screw holes on the bottom short edge of the controller. The screen shade provided two thumb screws that offered an opportunity to attach a lanyard, with or without the screen shade itself. In fact, I don't even have to take it off when storing it in any of my cases, though the thumbscrews would have to be removed and reinstalled should I want to use the screen shade. I created two leather strips that allows me to take advantage of the thumbscrews. [see photos below]

Strobes are another "must-have" accessory", except in the case where the Mini 3 must stay under 250 grams. Again, withiout regard to the drone's max weight, I have always flown with leg extensions. Because DJI chopped off the legs on the Mini 3 the extensions available will probably have to be removed from the drone each time you put it away, but I'm thinking of a workaround.

1659649129962.png
1659649185283.png
1659649237792.png

I've never been keen on screen protectors, but to each his own. I took a chance and bought a screen shade that seems to be (generally) well designed. The one flaw is that the plastic bar frame that goes across the top of the controller's screen prevents pulling down the menu that has the wifi and other controls. 10 minutes with a fingernail file solved that.

One of the things that I find indispensible is a lanyard. I want the ability to have both hands free without setting my controller down. The DJI RC poses a particular challenge because the only way to attach a lanyard is with the two screw holes on the bottom short edge of the controller. The screen shade provided two thumb screws that offered an opportunity to attach a lanyard, with or without the screen shade itself. In fact, I don't even have to take it off when storing it in any of my cases, though the thumbscrews would have to be removed and reinstalled should I want to use the screen shade. I created two leather strips that allows me to take advantage of the thumbscrews. [see photos below]

Strobes are another "must-have" accessory", except in the case where the Mini 3 must stay under 250 grams. Again, withiout regard to the drone's max weight, I have always flown with leg extensions. Because DJI chopped off the legs on the Mini 3 the extensions available will probably have to be removed from the drone each time you put it away, but I'm thinking of a workaround.

View attachment 152813
View attachment 152814
View attachment 152815
I looked at that folding hood with frame, & wasn't impressed that the top part of the frame interfered with the drop-down menu & needed trimming to make that work.

I also thought about the straps of some sort, but as a result of a lower back injury years ago & the major back surgery that followed, I can't stand for prolonged periods without pain, so I usually sit for things like flying my drone, so the straps are of lesser importance to me.

I recently purchased the new M3P with the Fly More bundle & see a few things I need to get, including a set of filters (ND + polarized + UV), an anti-glare RC controller screen cover & sun shade, & a decent case large enough to hold all the things I'll need for a day of flying. I did also buy - not from DJI as their prices were more expensive - 2 microSDXC Samsung PROplus cards, a 128GB & a 512GB, 1 of which included their high-speed reader.

Since DJI didn't have their "recommended charger" available at the time (why in the heck would they have the drone available yet not the charger to go with it?), I did a bit of research & purchased a 100W 4-port charger (UGREEN M#CD226 / P/N: 40737) from Amazon along with 3 appropriate current-rated cords - so I can charge 1 battery in the drone, & 2 in their multi-charger base, & the RC controller, all at the same time, + 1 extra item if needed, without the sequential charging time limit of the charger base.

Putting everything into the case/bag supplied by DJI is a REALLY tight fit - including the charger base, charger, cords, etc. Although I don't walk out to my launching site with all that in the bag, I do put them all into it when I leave my home & get into my car. Adding a filter kit with case would make the available carrying capacity even more tight.

I'm still trying to find & get recommendations for the other items. I turned up the screen brightness on the RC controller all the way, & although I can see it adequately, the real problem is the reflected glare from its shiny flat reflective screen, which is a real problem in any light bright enough to fly. I really don't want to buy an anti-glare/anti-reflective screen cover made for something else & then have to do some custom trimming to make it fit, & even then, it looks as if they still don't even fit properly due to size limitations.

So, I'm interested in getting suggestions/recommendations for those things... filter kit w/ case, anti-glare screen, sun shade, & larger carrying bag/case for the whole kit.

Thanks in advance!
I use a LowePro backpack the BP 300 AW, it fits all I need for a days flying including a Canon mirrorless camera with two additional Len’s ,a flashgun , chargers , water bottles , see attached image19C27A8B-A411-490C-9036-E33A893D7C4D.jpeg

I'd recommend against the GPC case unless your a GPC fan and have $$$ you'd rather give GPC than a charity. Cases every bit as solid and well designed are available for 1/3 the cost.

I got the Judunmsk case for $50 on Amazon, absolutely love it!

718qOccVSTL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I'd recommend against the GPC case unless your a GPC fan and have $$$ you'd rather give GPC than a charity. Cases every bit as solid and well designed are available for 1/3 the cost.

I got the Judunmsk case for $50 on Amazon, absolutely love it!

718qOccVSTL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
I thought the GPC case overpriced also & didn't see any or much difference with it; the value doesn't seem to be there when comparing it with other hard cases.

A lot of those case companies get their product from the same manufacturer and can put whatever brand they want on them. When they are able to make a name for themselves via marketing, Amazon reviews, make it into a retail store, etc. it allows them to increase the price dramatically.

If you ever see something you like on Amazon and want to put yourself in a bad mood, go look the item up on Alibaba to get an idea on what their profit margins are. That's where most of the stuff just gets drop shipped from and usually the same product is sold under a variety of different names. This is also why so many companies are desperate for good reviews, because it will rank them higher on Amazon and then you end up buying their version instead of the next guy's identical product. This is especially prevalent with what are basically dollar-store quality items, like spray bottles, kitchen/bath accessories, etc. Once they get enough good reviews, they start charging $10 or whatever for what is literally a $0.05 item when purchased in large quantities.

I'm not saying that's necessarily the case with GPC but I wouldn't be surprised.

That case above is $50 USD / $80 CAD and cost the seller around $17.00 by the looks of things. The soft cases are around $13.00 that sell for around $35 USD. Not as bad as some other products but they certainly aren't suffering haha.

These may look familiar to some ;)

Thanks in advance
In my experience all drones have the same minor irritations. It's not so much these individual irritations don't have a solution but that there is no solution for all of them. These are the irritations....
1) Secure means of transporting whilst out walking (many backpacks solve this problem but they make deployment slow)
2) Bright sun makes it difficult or impossible to see the screen (all kinds of sunshade but none I've found that block out well enough in the brightest of sunlight... but all sunshades add to deployment time)
3) Rapid deployment - less than 60 secs....No real solution to this problem...
4) Built in optics - I need glasses for reading. Trying to put on glasses to see the screen then remove to see the drone is nearly impossible and certainly a pain.
5) Backpack, sunshade, etc needs to fold flat to take minimal space in a suitcase... Nothing on the market I've seen

As a result I made my own.... backpack with assembled sunshade (complete blackout), built in optics and the means to take apart and fold flat to pack in my suitcase. The components for the receiver and the optics also are the prime components to hold these items safe and secure in my hand luggage too.

It took me months of trial and error and involved all kinds of skills I had to learn. Cardboard folding, cardboard joining without glue, sewing, etc.

I finally finished and the end product worked brilliantly in my trials. The problem? I did all this for my Mavic Pro and then I decided that it would be much better to travel with the Mini 3 Pro.... and so I've had to start again.

You'd think it would be easier second time around but it's turning out to be twice as hard! This is because I got the Mini 3 with built in screen and it's really difficult to secure in a backpack whilst being able to instantly access all the controls. Grr.

I'm really close to finishing but have some teething problems. Once I'm done I'd love to see what others think but even more interesting to see if someone could take the germ of the ideas in mine to make even better.

ok...I had the Mini 2 already with a Tripltek 8 as the control screen. Has a great mount that fits the RC-N1 and a lanyard

so, I didn't want the RC because of already having the much brighter Tripltek. I did pay the price for a 2nd RC-N1 so I wouldn't have to switch binding back and forth. Nice to have a backup anyway

* I have the Startrc hard case (linked above). Nice case but contrary to their promotion I found you can't really carry extra batteries in the charger because they sit too high and require too much force to close and latch the case. So, only room for 4 batteries.

* I bought the inexpensive Startrc landing gear. Just a couple of tricks to it but it's really easy to put on and remove. I really like the extra height it gives for prop clearence. Just have to have the legs folded under to change batteries:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B291VDDK?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

* I bought a set of Skyreat ND Filters for the M3. I have a set for the M2 and they work well. But I've found that the M3 filters create a color shift I really don't like. Everything looks like it has been burnt brown by the sun for months. So I'm going to try a set of Freewell filters

by the way, from what I've seen so far, Best Buy and Drone Nerds have the plus batteries in stock

ND Filters:
I run them pretty much always, and they’ve been fine for my purposes.

Propellor Strap:
I’m pretty pissed at DJI for not including that like they did with the Mini 2. It’s cheap and works well enough.

I’m OK with the DJI “Fly More“ case, but you’re right — it’s tight. It seems like an afterthought. They didn’t even bother to put the nice little side-handle on, which is so handy. I use it anyway, since the last thing I need, given my hobbies, is yet another case.

Just ordered the ND filters. Mid day I had a hard time getting the right exposure. It’ll help.
Also, extra batteries are a necessity.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe