DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 3 Pro Gimbal Camera Turns Horizontal to Portrait and keeps looping after doing a gimbal replacement

justinmercer

Reactions
So I got a DJI Mini 3 Pro for really cheap knowing it needed repairs, so I got all the parts repaired and put it back together now the Gimbal Camera Turns Horizontal to Portrait and keeps looping after doing a gimbal replacement. Can attach a video if that helps

So I got a DJI Mini 3 Pro for really cheap knowing it needed repairs, so I got all the parts repaired and put it back together now the Gimbal Camera Turns Horizontal to Portrait and keeps looping after doing a gimbal replacement. Can attach a video if that helps
the video would help.

Oh, welcome to the forum.

Last edited:
So that's how the gimbal sits when it's turned off and the video is what it does after powering it on
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Attachments

• 20240613_162607.jpg
    20240613_162607.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • 20240613_162611.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 2
So you have never seen them do this before? Yeah I have the calibration software already I just cannot get it to show up as a com port so was hoping someone else ran into this issue before. It still flies I can use the drone and the zoom option just cannot move the gimbal in any way possible from the remote

Is there a specific way the rubber pieces have to go back in, and what about the motors I replaced them all, I noticed one of the motors had an arrow on it so I made sure that was facing the way the camera would be

So you have never seen them do this before? Yeah I have the calibration software already I just cannot get it to show up as a com port so was hoping someone else ran into this issue before. It still flies I can use the drone and the zoom option just cannot move the gimbal in any way possible from the remote

That is a different issue, I cannot even control my gimbal whatsoever the gimbal wants to move but its like I didnt place a motor the right direction or the rubber pieces werent inserted properly with the motors spun certain ways, I am hoping someone on here can shine me the right way. I need to get back to finishing clients videography.

Is there a specific way the rubber pieces have to go back in
8:42 in DJI Mini 3 Pro Gimbal Replacement there appears to be an indexing recess in the rubber and a corresponding pimple on the plastic, that would imply that the three lugs also have a specified position.
With regards to the motors I would suspect that they DO need to go back in a specific position and that there are probably alignment marks on the motors and their housings.

Last edited:
Reactions: PeterPatrick
That is a different issue, I cannot even control my gimbal whatsoever the gimbal wants to move but its like I didnt place a motor the right direction or the rubber pieces werent inserted properly with the motors spun certain ways, I am hoping someone on here can shine me the right way. I need to get back to finishing clients videography.
You asked about getting the com port to show up, from memory DoomMeister's posts led to me finding the com port number.

Already did that and it made the gimbal move but it's like the rest position (start position) is backwards, I replaced all the motors as well as the ptz cable is there a specific way the motors go in I noticed one had an arrow on it?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efe