DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI mini 3 pro problem with SD card after formatting in Drone

lukaszor

Reactions
Hi!
I have SanDisk High Endurance V30 128 GB SD card and everything was fine until I have formatted that card in Drone. I took a short video 4k 30fps and downloaded to my MacBook M2 and video is freezing. I have put new SD card (same as old one) and everything is fine.
Also I can see the card is very slow when I take AEB shots It takes long time to save them to card.
I have noticed that before formatting SD card was showing with two partitions and now is showing as one.
Brand new SD Card after plugin to MacBook is showing with two partitions.

So, I have put old card to my MacBook and formatted as exFat but still does the same.
Has any one came across similar problem and know how to solve the problem? How to reformat my SD card to work fine again?
Best regards
And sorry I am not English native

I doubt you'll get an answer since there isn't much more you can do. People format cards in their drone all the time. DJI will be of no use. If the card is on their approved list they would be clueless as to why it's not working and if it's not they'd tell you to buy a card that is. I have to say if it were my card I'd just throw it away and say "oh well". The only other option I can think of is to contact Sandisk and ask for a replacement. You didn't mention if, after formatting as ExFat you then formatted in the drone. I would do that and if it still failed I'd toss it as it would not be worth my time needed to contact Sandisk but that would be the only other option I could see.

Reactions: rickmurray1989
I am a professional photographer and I always format my SD, Micro SD and CF cards in the devices they are used in, e.g cameras and drones. I have found that I experience far fewer card issues by formatting them in the device rather than in my Mac.

I had the same issue with a brand new Samsung card. I formatted the card in the drone and the recorded footage was really bad.
My initial thought, the card was defective. This was not the case. I formatted the card on my laptop and then did a speed test. The results were good. I then decided to use the card in the drone again and everything was back to normal.

Reactions: lukaszor
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98