DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI MINI 3 with RC Controller: Not returning to Home location

douggrace

Reactions
I recently purchased a DJI Mini 3 with RC and have just made my first flight. Everything went well apart from the aircraft not returning when activating either the R button or the Take off/ Landing icon on screen. I was only permitted to land at the aircrafts actual location.. Any advice on what needs to be done to overcome this problem would be appreciated.

Did you check out the flight log for more details? If not, you can upload and view it online here.

Feel free to share your flight log here if you'd like others to review it.

Reactions: sarahb
I recently purchased a DJI Mini 3 with RC and have just made my first flight. Everything went well apart from the aircraft not returning when activating either the R button or the Take off/ Landing icon on screen. I was only permitted to land at the aircrafts actual location.. Any advice on what needs to be done to overcome this problem would be appreciated.
That's a pain. Could it be anything to do with how you touch the screen itself? I've read of someone who was also unused to the characteristics of the touchscreen and had trouble drawing a box around a point of interest using the 'touch and drag' technique. Maybe a 'too long' or 'too brief' finger contact. You've probably got it sorted by now and perhaps can share the solution?

You have to press and hold this button on the RC, until it speaks, "return home" and starts beeping.

1000017601.jpg

Reactions: Telthecelt
That's a pain. Could it be anything to do with how you touch the screen itself? I've read of someone who was also unused to the characteristics of the touchscreen and had trouble drawing a box around a point of interest using the 'touch and drag' technique. Maybe a 'too long' or 'too brief' finger contact. You've probably got it sorted by now and perhaps can share the solution?
Hi, Thank you for the information, which is greatly appreciated. I'll watch where my fingers are in future.

Glad to see this post, I had the same issue.
How far was your drone from the home point?
If your drone is too close to the homepoint, it will land where it is.
Check your manual to find the distance for your model as DJI have changed it for newer models.

Did you wait until the controller informed you that it had "updated the home point, please check it on the map", before you took off?
Be sure to wait for the satellite icon to turn white so the drone has a GPS lock, wait for the home point message and then it will know where to RTH to.
Also, make sure you have set the RTH parameters in the settings to return and not hover. Also, I always make sure to set the RTH height higher than any obstacles in my flight path (usually 130' to clear trees and cell towers).
Good luck with your purchase! Enjoy and fly safe!

Did you wait until the controller informed you that it had "updated the home point, please check it on the map", before you took off?
Be sure to wait for the satellite icon to turn white so the drone has a GPS lock, wait for the home point message and then it will know where to RTH to.
Also, make sure you have set the RTH parameters in the settings to return and not hover. Also, I always make sure to set the RTH height higher than any obstacles in my flight path (usually 130' to clear trees and cell towers).
Good luck with your purchase! Enjoy and fly safe!
Hi,
Thank you for responding to my enquiry with helpful guidance. I will follow this the next time I fly my drone.
Thanks again.

Reactions: WanderLost
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078