DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 4 Pro Charger outputs

leebroath

Reactions
Just wondering why DJI didn’t release an official charger which has 2 x USB-C outputs for charging the Mini 4 Pro?

Strange why they don’t sell one which has two outputs to charge the battery pack and controller at same time..

Does anyone else think this is odd, is there any special reason?

Reactions: lensimages
Just wondering why DJI didn’t release an official charger which has 2 x USB-C outputs for charging the Mini 4 Pro?

Strange why they don’t sell one which has two outputs to charge the battery pack and controller at same time..

Does anyone else think this is odd, is there any special reason?

Not really. The reasoning is the same as why they don't sell a broad variety of different micro SD card capacities and speeds. These are commodity items made and sold by others in the ecosystem, DJI specializes in drones.

The same applies to charging with the move to the Power Delivery standard. There are so many choices available with just about any configuration you could want. You want 2 connections, but others want cheap, so are happy with one. Then there are people like me on the other end who want many connections, high aggregate power, and unnecessary but cool things like a status display:

710g4x3r5NL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

DJI would be a very stupid company to try and meet everyone's needs, when people already have so many options.

Amazon is your friend.

Reactions: leebroath
@leebroath, that Hqeeun charger ain't cheap (U$80), but I'm an EE and obsessed with knowing what voltages, current, power is flowing to my devices with all the flexibility of Power Delivery. It's cool to see the Avata 4x charging bar negotiate 20V and then truly pull down 65W while charging the batteries fast.

For anyone interested, the Hqeeun brand is no longer available, but the same charger with a different name on it available on Amazon here for the same price.

I think a 65W charger can handle a few batteries and charge the controller through the output port on the battery bank

I have a Lenovo Yoga laptop and charger works just great for charging not only my batteries, but also the controllers and goggles. I’ve used the charger for my phone, drone & laptop (19v).

They’re on sale for $34 and that includes free shipping. I just ordered a spare for with my drone.

Sir Michael

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52