DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI ND Filters? Any good

They are good from the reviews I have seen, But most that are using the M2P for commercial use even for good hobbyist photos and videos go with PolarPro

I personally like freewell. Very well-made. Polar pro are good as well but a little overpriced I think.
I have a full set of Freewell in my bag and I have a ND16 in PP on most of the time here in the bright Florida SUN.

I’ve used them for over a year and love them. If you have the Mavic 2 Protector case, there’s a slot specifically for the DJI ND Filter set.

Does anyone else struggle when swapping out ND filters ? I have the PP set and even with their little tool, I frequently have one of the hooks snag which sometimes requires a lot of effort to free it up. I've probably done about 25 filter swaps and its not getting any easier. Is it my technique or is this just a troublesome design ?

Thanks everyone I think I will go with Polar Pro or freewell then. Will check out freewell as I had not heard of them
I was On the fence about Freewell. But when I did receive them I was quite impressed very well-made not a single problem with them.

I was wondering has anyone tried the ND filters that DJI store has for $109 ? I have a 20% coupon but did not know if they where worth the money. Or just go for the Polar Pro vivid for $80 or Cinema Series for $150.View attachment 99896View attachment 99900
I have only used Polar Pro. As drone filters go, they are top of the line (don’t take my word, read reviews).

Does anyone else struggle when swapping out ND filters ? I have the PP set and even with their little tool, I frequently have one of the hooks snag which sometimes requires a lot of effort to free it up. I've probably done about 25 filter swaps and its not getting any easier. Is it my technique or is this just a troublesome design ?
You need to push down evenly on the rim and rotate. Also they only go on one way, writing at top. If your forcing it you will break the tabs or wear out the slots... Does that make sense?

You need to push down evenly on the rim and rotate. Also they only go on one way, writing at top. If your forcing it you will break the tabs or wear out the slots... Does that make sense?
Thanks, yes, I understand the mechanics and I never force things, I just sometimes have one tab get stuck on removal and I have to re-seat the others to continue. Not a show stopper, just takes extra time. I noticed I had less trouble this morning so maybe its just a matter of doing it more.

Thanks, yes, I understand the mechanics and I never force things, I just sometimes have one tab get stuck on removal and I have to re-seat the others to continue. Not a show stopper, just takes extra time. I noticed I had less trouble this morning so maybe its just a matter of doing it more.
They are definitely fiddly to get in and out!

Have a full set of PolarPros for the M2P and love them, won’t fly without them.
I have a set of Freewell ones for my Parrot and they work fine for the Parrot. I would of bought the PolarPros for the Parrot if they offered them though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet