DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI phone?

FlyoverDRN

Reactions
I understand DJI RC for low end drones don't come with screens, price point oblige. So we are using our own phone, with possible bugs associated to it. Wouldn't you think DJI should offer a simple phone for their app only, higher brightness and so on? With absolute smoothness connection with there RC?

I understand DJI RC for low end drones don't come with screens, price point oblige. So we are using our own phone, with possible bugs associated to it. Wouldn't you think DJI should offer a simple phone for their app only, higher brightness and so on? With absolute smoothness connection with there RC?
Um, they do!

Smart Controller
Crystal Sky
P4P+ Controller

That doesn't cover all of their drones but it does cover a good percentage.

Beyond that, if you use a mobile device (not necessarily a phone) that does not have a lot of excess baggage, it will work well. A tablet that is either iOS or pure Android will do well.

apart from high brightness monitors that DJI have used for some of their models they are not in the phone making business the choice of viewing device is down to the fliers choice,
plus the fact that it would just add to the cost of the drone ,and if like myself, who needs a large screen for viewing because of my age then it would not be a cost effective option

I don't see DJI jumping into the Cellular Phone market when all you need is a viewing device. That's like building a large High Rise hotel to have a nice spa. Also, as noted above, they do offer some "Factory Viewing Devices" which you may want to look into.

It's much more accommodating to be able to have your own viewing device because usually what comes from the Drone Company is a box of compromises.

I fly a Phantom 4 Pro+ (built in viewing device) and it works flawlessly for brightness and connecting to the aircraft but is a total pain in the tail feathers to get 3rd party aps installed and some of them will not work at all. That's why using your own device is a much better option IMHO.

In my experience, the IOS options work better for me and how I fly and work hands down. YMMV.

Thanks, this all make sense. So now, I just have to find the perfect dedicated phone/viewing device for my Mavic.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661