DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Pilot 2 version mapping APP can it be installed on V2 RC PRO Smart Controller to use the Mavic 3

MRPP

Reactions
Hi currently i use the Mavic 2 pro with the V1 Smart controller and have the Pilot mapping app installed for aerial image survey, and works very successfully but I am considering updating to also have the Mavic 3 and the RC PRO Smart Controller for my video and image services.

But I am interest to known has any one successfully installed the DJI Pilot 2 version mapping APP on to the V2 RC PRO Smart Controller to use the Mavic 3 for aerial mapping.

As to date I have not been able to find any discussion topics related to the subject by combining the Mavic 3 with the V2 RC PRO Smart Controller and installing the DJI Pilot/ P 2 version mapping APP for aerial survey as was a simple process to install for the Mavic 2 pro and original Smarts controller.

I look forward to further feedback, as if any one has information related to the subject.
Cheers Mark

Your nomenclature is confusing. There is no V1 or V2 of the DJI controllers with built in screens. You must also be an Autel user where they change controller versions like underwear! There is only one legacy DJI Smart Controller which is incompatible with any of the newer drones. The consumer Mavic 3 controllers with built in screens are the RC Pro and the DJI RC.

DJI Pilot is an Enterprise product which is incompatible with the Mavic 3 and the RC Pro. There is a Mavic 3 Enterprise that uses an RC Plus controller that likely runs Pilot 2. Be ready to pay up for both!

There are people who managed to install DJI Fly on the RC Pro Enterprise (the controller coming with the M3 Enterprise). If I remember correctly, the app was removed by a restart, though. Those involved were doubtful about the success of trying it the other way around, installing Pilot 2 on the RC Pro (non-enterprise) AND working to controll a consumer Mavic 3.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
There are people who managed to install DJI Fly on the RC Pro Enterprise (the controller coming with the M3 Enterprise). If I remember correctly, the app was removed by a restart, though. Those involved were doubtful about the success of trying it the other way around, installing Pilot 2 on the RC Pro (non-enterprise) AND working to control a consumer Mavic 3.
Indeed!

I thought the DJI Pilot app was only usable for the P4 RTK, and Enterprise drones. Please correct me if I am wrong, I would love to use it with my P4Pro V2, Mavic 2 Pro, or Mavic 3. I have the Original Smart Controller and the Smart Controller Pro, as well as a Triptek 8Pro. Please let me know if I am wrong and how to install it on any of those controllers.

I thought the DJI Pilot app was only usable for the P4 RTK, and Enterprise drones. Please correct me if I am wrong, I would love to use it with my P4Pro V2, Mavic 2 Pro, or Mavic 3. I have the Original Smart Controller and the Smart Controller Pro, as well as a Triptek 8Pro. Please let me know if I am wrong and how to install it on any of those controllers.
DJI Pilot is only compatible with Enterprise RC's. However, there is no Smart Controller Pro. There is also no Original Smart Controller. Please stop compounding the confusing nomenclature! See post #2. There is only a legacy Smart Controller and an RC Pro, along with a newer DJI RC, and now a DJI RC2 for the consumer drones. Lastly, there is an RC Plus for the Enterprise series. DJI Pilot is only compatible with Enterprise RC's.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas