DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Pilot - Camera Settings

jsallis

Reactions
Hi,
Is it me or is there no option for 'Hover & Capture' in the DJI Pilot App? This means that all images must be captured whilst the drone is in motion? Any comments would be helpful. Thanks

Welcome aboard.

Unless you are in “ATTI mode”, which is usually not a good place to be, especially for taking pictures, you need only take you fingers off the joysticks, I,e. let them center themselves and you are hovering. Take all the pictures you want. Move elsewhere and repeat.

Enjoy…

Hi,
Is it me or is there no option for 'Hover & Capture' in the DJI Pilot App? This means that all images must be captured whilst the drone is in motion? Any comments would be helpful. Thanks
Which drone are you using?
You should be able to take photographs any time, whether hovering or in flight.

Welcome aboard.

Unless you are in “ATTI mode”, which is usually not a good place to be, especially for taking pictures, you need only take you fingers off the joysticks, I,e. let them center themselves and you are hovering. Take all the pictures you want. Move elsewhere and repeat.

Enjoy…
Apologies I meant 'hover and capture' as part of a pre planned grid mission (rather than by distance or time interval). In Pix4D and DJI GS Pro it is possible tp select hover and capture at each waypoint to reduce image blur due to the drone moving along the grid pattern. Thnaks

Which drone are you using?
You should be able to take photographs any time, whether hovering or in flight.
Yes apologies I meant 'hover and capture' as part of a pre-planned grid mission (rather than by distance or time interval). In Pix4D and DJI GS Pro it is possible to select 'hover and capture' at each waypoint to reduce image blur due to the drone moving along the grid pattern. Thanks

Yes apologies I meant 'hover and capture' as part of a pre-planned grid mission (rather than by distance or time interval). In Pix4D and DJI GS Pro it is possible to select 'hover and capture' at each waypoint to reduce image blur due to the drone moving along the grid pattern. Thanks
Unless you are flying in very poor light conditions, there should be no need to hover and capture.
Looking at images from my last mapping mission, they were shot with ISO 100 at F5 and shutter speeds between 1/250 and 1/320 at speeds up to 34 mph and a height of 276 feet.
All images were perfectly sharp.

If you were to hover for each shot, the mission would take 20 times longer and you could only map very small sites.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dugan