DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI postage fiasco

tony.k

Reactions
I needed a usb otg cable to connect my mavic mini controller to my ximmerse visor x, I went straight to DJI as the adapter was only £5.00.
Then I realised the postage was £7.81, but needed it so it had to be done.
The annoying thing was that it would have gone in a small padded envelope but instead came in a box that the mavic mini , batteries, and controller would have fitted in !!.
Not very environmentally friendly :)

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-02-04 at 12.36.44.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-02-04 at 12.36.44.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 65
  • Wow
Reactions: W2EJ
Amazon are bad for that. Winds me up no end.

Yeah they waste box’s but I save them to ship off stuff
I send. All the bubble wrap also. So me not complaining .
Not to mention when I have to return whaterever I got
if it’s bad or wrong I send em the same box back. ?

Well it’s probably due to some shipping deal. It’s cheaper to have deals for only a few package sized than many.

A LOT of shipping doesn't make sense. When I was driving truck I picked up in Iowa and had to deliver to Alabama. I had one pallet in the 53 foot trailer - really could not understand how that could have been cost effective ?

I needed a usb otg cable to connect my mavic mini controller to my ximmerse visor x, I went straight to DJI as the adapter was only £5.00.
Then I realised the postage was £7.81, but needed it so it had to be done.
The annoying thing was that it would have gone in a small padded envelope but instead came in a box that the mavic mini , batteries, and controller would have fitted in !!.
Not very environmentally friendly :)

Hi, I definitely feel your pain and anger. I bought a pair of short USB leads from the DJI online store. that join my device to the mini controller. I think they were a fiver each. But the blinking postage was nigh on 8 quid FFS!! C'mon DJI. You are avin a larf aint ya. !!
Davis Smith CO107BX guys if you want to check your records and refund me 7 quid. Though I doubt it. Moving on a bit. Anybody had any luck with receiving Mini batteries yet. Bad when even DJI ain't got any eh.

Reactions: Pro64x and tony.k
Yep, the whole shipping/packing process needs continuous improvements. It frustrates me sometimes to get multiple packages on one day from the same vendor, but as mentioned by others, I repurpose the packaging when possible. Funny, I've had a protective waterproof hard case delivered in bubble and big box, while receiving smaller electronic components (boxed and crushed) in bubble bags. And I am always looking our for "free" shipping. Enjoy your flying.

Yeah they waste box’s but I save them to ship off stuff
I send. All the bubble wrap also. So me not complaining .
Not to mention when I have to return whaterever I got
if it’s bad or wrong I send em the same box back. ?
Me too. Haven't had to buy Shipping Supplies in years!

Reactions: dirkclod
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs