DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI prop holder question

Drony_Drone

Reactions
The flymore kit fits everything fine. Does anyone have the flymore case and also the DJI prop holder for other times?

I know that if the DJI prop holder is on it won’t fit in the flymore case.

I’m just thinking maybe it might be easier in some circumstances to just use the prop holder and carry the RC if going local, or even if went somewhere on the car and then leaving case in car to use just the prop holder.

I tried carrying just the MM and it is difficult with the props flapping about.

Thanks

I just use a rubber band to secure props while in flymore case, and don't mind removing the control sticks so remote will fit as well. The MM is so small it's touted as "pocket sized", but I wouldn't put mine there. Remember, you have to be smarter than the equipment you operate...well, most of the time. :)

Reactions: hiflyer201
I just use a rubber band to secure props while in flymore case, and don't mind removing the control sticks so remote will fit as well. The MM is so small it's touted as "pocket sized", but I wouldn't put mine there. Remember, you have to be smarter than the equipment you operate...well, most of the time. :)

Thanks and good point....[emoji854]

It’s an annoying problem to put the props in the flymore case without bending tbh.

I’m just thinking if I decide to just carry the MM, I always use the case and actually like it as nice and small, and I’ve added a shoulder strap, that to use the DJI prop holder and put the RC in my pocket. I wouldn’t put the MM in a pocket no.

Suppose it’s only £12 as well, and presume as made by DJI fits perfectly.

The flymore kit fits everything fine. Does anyone have the flymore case and also the DJI prop holder for other times?

I know that if the DJI prop holder is on it won’t fit in the flymore case.

I’m just thinking maybe it might be easier in some circumstances to just use the prop holder and carry the RC if going local, or even if went somewhere on the car and then leaving case in car to use just the prop holder.

I tried carrying just the MM and it is difficult with the props flapping about.

Thanks
I have tried several different kinds of prop holders for the Mavic Mini. The ones that work best are these and they do fit in the Flymore case attached to the aircraft. When you remove the Mini from the case the bottom prop holder does stay in the case but it's not a problem. You just lift it out again and reattach when returning the mini back to the case.

I just use a rubber band to secure props while in flymore case.....

I'm curious to know why and how you use a rubber band. I have the fly more case and simply fold the blades over each other before slotting the drone into the case.

Reactions: Brightspark
I'm curious to know why and how you use a rubber band. I have the fly more case and simply fold the blades over each other before slotting the drone into the case.

I think a lot of people are paranoid about this scenario. I do the same as you and probably like a lot of others with no problems.

Attached is pic of how I do it, and the why is so the blades don't move while inserting/removing aircraft.

Attachments

• Mini-props.JPG
    Mini-props.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 38
Attached is pic of how I do it, and the why is so the blades don't move while inserting/removing aircraft.

Think they are supposed to be folded in together to stop this. Look inside the case where the MM goes it shows you how the props on the top and bottom should go.

Regarding the DJI prop holder, looking on YT and pics, it does seem to bend the ones on top down on to the body?

that will bend the props and the bump in the lid will put further pressure on them.

Nope - bump in lid rests right where rubber band is - no bending or pressure, just gentle restraint...since Dec 2019. :)

Nope - bump in lid rests right where rubber band is - no bending or pressure, just gentle restraint...since Dec 2019. :)

The Flymore case, where you place the MM, has stickers to show that they should be folded together across the body though.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcjz