DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI RC and GPS - not good news

Is there a blue dot to indicate where the controller is on the map before you select the controller icon?

Not sure. I'll have to check again, but I think at least there is a blue dot on the radar view when flying.

Not sure. I'll have to check again, but I think at least there is a blue dot on the radar view when flying.
The blue dot is the location of the controller.

The blue dot is the location of the controller.

So I tested again, and it does in fact work. At first, there was no blue dot, but after some time it appeared (I had the drone flying), and when I walked away from the drone, the blue dot did indeed move with me. It updated pretty slowly, but it did update. And when I had moved a bit away, I could indeed update the home point by pressing the remote controller icon.

Not sure why I had that error message the first time I tried, though.

Reactions: Flydude
So I tested again, and it does in fact work. At first, there was no blue dot, but after some time it appeared (I had the drone flying), and when I walked away from the drone, the blue dot did indeed move with me. It updated pretty slowly, but it did update. And when I had moved a bit away, I could indeed update the home point by pressing the remote controller icon.

Not sure why I had that error message the first time I tried, though.
1653681765320.png

Reactions: Faster
Hi,

Same issue here, I raised this on the DJI forum too: Mini 3 Pro RC Controller - GPS

I have had it get a location, but only 1 time that I noticed.

I don't want to have to return my whole mini 3 pro package to DJI for a replacement if this can be fixed via firmware?

I'm not sure how many other people have the same problem or even notice they have the problem??

Will keep an eye on this thread too...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying