DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI RC Controller Update Fly App?

fischli

Reactions
I have the RC Controller (RM330 I think). The firmware is up to date. But the Fly app is at 1.10.0 - Why not at 1.11.0 which is the latest?

Welcome to the Forum I was stationed in Mannheim while in the Military Beutiful place.
Each one is distributed differently at different times So the number won't necessarily be the same.

thank you for your answer. I'm surprised because there are many previous versions of the FlyApp. Even a version that limited the height to 120 m and a version that deactivated the limit again. Well, now there is already version 1.11 (it was already offered to me on my mobile phone), but on the RC controller it stays with the old version?

Well, a slimmed-down Android and the normal FlyApp are running on the RC controller. I don't understand why you can't just update it like that.

@fischli ,if you phone is an apple on iOS then the version numbers compared to android dont always match
also with the original DJI RC that came with the Mini 3 pro ,the Android operating system has limited power ,compared to the latest phones ,so it may be that it cant run newer versions of the fly app ,my DJI RC is on 1.10.0 but when i activated the new RC 2 that came with my new Air 3 that is on a different APP version, as it obviously has a more powerful processor than the original version, to allow it to run the new Occusync 4 protocols

One is an Application the Other is Firmware for the Actual Device SO say someone comes up with a virus that the application is subject too then they will update the application, but not the controller or drone itself so the application number will change. not the firmware number.

I know the difference between firmware and app (APK). Of course, the firmware of the controller remains unchanged. However, the app itself can update itself from the DJI server if it only wants to. I don't think it's a performance issue, it shouldn't make much of a difference. Android and Apple are both currently on version 1.11.0

Reactions: Cafguy
on the DJI RC controllers the fly APP comes preinstalled and DJI decide whether or not which particular APP version is used ,since the DJI RC first came out there have been several APP updates ,but these have been tagged onto,firmware updates ,if and when required,

Reactions: fischli
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bodidly