DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji rc Offline maps

Chris_GREECE

Reactions
Hello friends,
I have understand how to download offline maps in dji rc but is it possible to download a cpmplete coumtry amd not only a specific area of the country like you can do o mobile phone google maps?
Also as dji rc disables during flight wifi is it a problem to enable it during flight?

Thank you

Wouldn't that take up most if not all the memory inside the controller ?
I am unaware of a way to do that, regardless.

Reactions: Mrktn
Hello friends,
I have understand how to download offline maps in dji rc but is it possible to download a cpmplete coumtry amd not only a specific area of the country like you can do o mobile phone google maps?
Also as dji rc disables during flight wifi is it a problem to enable it during flight?

Thank you
You cannot enable disabled wifi during flight with the DJI RC.

I don't know that for sure, but if an area about 2 km square takes around 2-3MB, then how many of those can you fit in a country, and is that under the (I wanna say) roughly 14GB you get in an RC2 ? Or an RC1, which is presumably even less. Not to mention you need that space for other stuff, liked cached video you may rely on to find your craft if it goes down and gets powered off for some reason !

Are you sure about that? I remember taking off - which disables wifi - and turning it back on once in the air.
I stand corrected. Thanks for setting the record straight. I don't use the DJI RC, only the RC Pro, which does not have that issue. Good to know it can be turned back on!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr