DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI RC PRO

Jorge Vergara Latoja

Reactions
Hi guys.! I haven't made a decision yet to purchase the DJI RC Pro for my M3. I have seen tutorials and read lately about the problems that the latest DJI update for the Fly App has brought and many have made comments that it has caused problems in the RC Pro, so they advise to downgrade the App Firmware to the previous version. Since I don't have the RC yet, I don't know how complicated it is to make that change, so I would like someone from the community to have had that experience and to share it. I know that the RC Pro uses the Android operating system which is very flexible to be able to configure it and allows certain modifications, especially with regard to installed Apps that operate under this platform. I await your comments regarding this RC, since everything I see indicates that it is the best to complement the M3, but perhaps there are things that are perhaps unknown on paper and those who have it and have used it can comment. I await your comments. Thanks.

Hi guys.! I haven't made a decision yet to purchase the DJI RC Pro for my M3. I have seen tutorials and read lately about the problems that the latest DJI update for the Fly App has brought and many have made comments that it has caused problems in the RC Pro, so they advise to downgrade the App Firmware to the previous version. Since I don't have the RC yet, I don't know how complicated it is to make that change, so I would like someone from the community to have had that experience and to share it. I know that the RC Pro uses the Android operating system which is very flexible to be able to configure it and allows certain modifications, especially with regard to installed Apps that operate under this platform. I await your comments regarding this RC, since everything I see indicates that it is the best to complement the M3, but perhaps there are things that are perhaps unknown on paper and those who have it and have used it can comment. I await your comments. Thanks.

It is an Android device but its also a bit of a walled garden that doesn't really act like an Android phone and can't be directly registered on the Play store. I am delighted that I upgraded to one from the RC-N1 for my M3 but have also been holding off on upgrading Fly past 1.7.0 given what I have seen on the forums about the new one. I love being able to program the buttons for how I use my M3.

I love my RC Pro and use it both with my Air 2s and my Mavic 3. I haven't had any issues and have the latest updates of the fly app along with the latest firmware versions for both drones. The programability of the extra buttons on the RC Pro along with the integrated screen (I don't get interrupted with phone calls on my phone) make flying for me so very much nicer. I couldn't be happier with my decision to get the RC Pro.

I appreciate the answers that have been shared with me and I have taken them very seriously. I needed other people's experience to make the decision so again thanks for your responses. Thank you.! 😊👍

Reactions: danwnz
I like mine, has a few quirks that annoy me, lucky they are things you don't do very often at all so its fine (Loading apps and app support mostly), but beats using a phone hands down, nothing like getting calls or messages constantly popping up while your trying to do something, or have a phone hang or reboot on you.
The other quirk which is always annoying is the lack of photos being streamed down to the remote, because I was under the impression when I purchased the remote that this would occur, which was also why I purchase dual SD cards, and I primarily am doing photography.
Having additonal programable buttons is so valuable and use them all the time vs other options like controller with tripltek tablet.
Controller for me has been super reliable, screen clarity is great in bright outdoors, another thing that would beat a phone any day.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: tng7576650
Has anyone tested the HDMI out with the Mini 3? Interested in getting to use with my Goggles . THe included Pro controller is ok however no way to attach to goggles.

I like my RC Pro with the M3. I have not upgraded and probably won't unless there is a problem. I try to avoid updates whenever possible unless there is a serious bug r a great new feature they are giving me. The hassle I used to have with my Mavic 2 Pro (sold it) was the hook up time to the iPad. Now, I can be up and going in a very brief time.

Updates can create issues that you don’t need. Research prior to hitting that little button is best. If the firmware that you have preforms for your needs and newer versions don’t offer substantial increase in options or performance, may be best to leave well enough alone.

I love my RC Pro. It is well worth it. Even if there are a few issues with any release, they get worked out pretty quickly. I wouldn't let that stop you from getting one.
I agree with Eagle Eye. I own one and I truly love its features, functions and how it handles. And kind you I have to add that I use for SAR missions primarily.

I love my RC Pro and use it both with my Air 2s and my Mavic 3. I haven't had any issues and have the latest updates of the fly app along with the latest firmware versions for both drones. The programability of the extra buttons on the RC Pro along with the integrated screen (I don't get interrupted with phone calls on my phone) make flying for me so very much nicer. I couldn't be happier with my decision to get the RC Pro.
Ditto from me. Using with both M3 and 2S.

Reactions: God Is Love
I too love my RC Pro! I did a lot of research before I bought it - read user experiences/impressions here on the forum, listened to YouTube reviews, and read reviews online. I purchased my RC Pro 3 months after getting my Mavic 3 as I wanted to fly with the standard RC-N1 controller first and to get a feel for how the M3 flew with just the standard controller and it gave me time to research options like the Tripletek tablet.

Ultimately, I decided on the RC Pro for a number of reasons:
- I fly year-round and where I live temperatures can range between around 30C in the summer to -30C in the winter so having to fumble with cables and extra start-up time in cold temps is not an option.
-screen brightness and not having to use sun shade (one more thing to fumble with)
-lots of customizable buttons makes for less use of touching the screen which in cold weather can be a problem
-fast start-up times
-solid stable signal. I don't fly BVLOS but have never had signal problems even in WIFI congested areas. I also feel more confident in the signal stability compared to the regular controller.
-solid robust feel
-ability to use 3rd party apps. I look forward to the release of the SDK so that I can use Dronelink and Litchi when they are updated to work with the SDK when it finally gets released
-ability to use the controller with my Mini 3 Pro which I purchased as a drone only package.
-reports that the fine control from the RC Pro sticks was much smoother. After flying with the RC-N1 and the RC Pro I can confirm this. It just feels much better and smoother.
-not having to worry about screen dimming as I had with my iPhone or in cold temps, having my phone shut-off to preserve the battery.
-I also hike, kayak/canoe, Nordic ski or snowshoe to locations I fly at so the more devices I have to carry the less likely I would want to bring my drone in addition to my DSLR that I always have with me.

Not all of these reasons will apply to you especially if you are not going to be flying in a cold climate but these are the reasons I chose the RC Pro over other alternatives.

Hope this helps.

Chris

I too love my RC Pro! I did a lot of research before I bought it - read user experiences/impressions here on the forum, listened to YouTube reviews, and read reviews online. I purchased my RC Pro 3 months after getting my Mavic 3 as I wanted to fly with the standard RC-N1 controller first and to get a feel for how the M3 flew with just the standard controller and it gave me time to research options like the Tripletek tablet.

Ultimately, I decided on the RC Pro for a number of reasons:
- I fly year-round and where I live temperatures can range between around 30C in the summer to -30C in the winter so having to fumble with cables and extra start-up time in cold temps is not an option.
-screen brightness and not having to use sun shade (one more thing to fumble with)
-lots of customizable buttons makes for less use of touching the screen which in cold weather can be a problem
-fast start-up times
-solid stable signal. I don't fly BVLOS but have never had signal problems even in WIFI congested areas. I also feel more confident in the signal stability compared to the regular controller.
-solid robust feel
-ability to use 3rd party apps. I look forward to the release of the SDK so that I can use Dronelink and Litchi when they are updated to work with the SDK when it finally gets released
-ability to use the controller with my Mini 3 Pro which I purchased as a drone only package.
-reports that the fine control from the RC Pro sticks was much smoother. After flying with the RC-N1 and the RC Pro I can confirm this. It just feels much better and smoother.
-not having to worry about screen dimming as I had with my iPhone or in cold temps, having my phone shut-off to preserve the battery.
-I also hike, kayak/canoe, Nordic ski or snowshoe to locations I fly at so the more devices I have to carry the less likely I would want to bring my drone in addition to my DSLR that I always have with me.

Not all of these reasons will apply to you especially if you are not going to be flying in a cold climate but these are the reasons I chose the RC Pro over other alternatives.

Hope this helps.

Chris
Chris I especially want to second:

“-ability to use 3rd party apps. I look forward to the release of the SDK so that I can use Dronelink and Litchi when they are updated to work with the SDK when it finally gets released”.

Reactions: danwnz

“-ability to use 3rd party apps. I look forward to the release of the SDK so that I can use Dronelink and Litchi when they are updated to work with the SDK when it finally gets released”.

Is there a different SDK coming? I'm running Litchi on the RC Pro now. 🤔

Is there a different SDK coming? I'm running Litchi on the RC Pro now. 🤔
There has been no SDK released for the Mavic 3 or Mini 3 Pro as far as I am aware. You can install Litchi on the RC Pro and use it on supported drones but for the Mavic 3 and Mini 3 Pro it will not work until the SDK is released and supported.

Chris

Make this a 3rd!

I love my RC Pro. It is well worth it. Even if there are a few issues with any release, they get worked out pretty quickly. I wouldn't let that stop you from getting one.
Hello. I made the purchase of the RC Pro, I have already configured it for my area, but I have a doubt, regarding its charging... it is normal for the green LEDs to turn on quickly and quickly while showing the progress of the charge. then stop and start to light up in slower sequence… after 6 slow power up sequences it stops and then starts repeating the fast sequence, I counted them and after 35 fast sequences it stops and starts repeating the slow sequence again … Is this way of charging in the RC pro normal? . I wait your answer. Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter