DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI RC software features?

mroek

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Has anyone seen a video with a complete exploration of all the possible settings and features of the new DJI RC? I understand it is basically running the DJI Fly app (which I haven't used, since I have never owned anything DJI), but I would assume that there might be some differences?

I've noticed that there is something called "Altitude Zone" which seems to usually show 120 m (or the equivalent in feet, for those that use imperial), obviously because of regulations. Not usually a problem, but I'm guessing it only considers altitude above starting point. Where I live the rules states it is distance to ground (i.e not necessarily altitude), which means that for example flying upwards close to a tall mountainside is allowed. I wonder if that can be overridden/unlocked somehow?

DCRainmaker just released a very long and comprehensive video:

Haven't seen it yet, but it probably contains loads of details also on the RC.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
It runs the Android version of the Fly app and provides for screen recording to the SD card. There are a few videos on the controller, but if you find any videos of the Fly App that will explain almost everything.

The big differences between the DJI RC and the standard remote (besides the screen) are the extra controls. You get a second scroll wheel used for Zooming and two customizable buttons for quick access to certain features.

An "Altitude Zone is a DJI geofenced area where you can fly but you are limited in altitude. These are generally near airports. You can check out Fly Safe - DJI for a list of all restricted zones. Some you can easily unlock on the remote, some require a bigger procedure.

Flying up a mountain won't be an issue, although you will be limited to 500M above the takeoff point as that is the max altitude hard coded into the drones without hacking.

Reactions: maggior and mroek
DCRainmaker just released a very long and comprehensive video:

Haven't seen it yet, but it probably contains loads of details also on the RC.
It looks like a good vid but he talks WAY too fast!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan