DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Refresh

grivett

Reactions
I have a Mavic 2 with a refresh care program. The s/n is 1633g7h00su008. I have tried to contact the chat line & it is useless. They stall me for 20 minutes at a time and I eventually gave up.

I was flying May 27th over a train. I hit a phone wire. The drone flipped and landed on the roof of a boxcar. Why did it hit the wire? The drone sent an upside down video for some time from the boxcar. Eventually the boxcar stated Moving and I lost the picture. What to do now? I contacted the RR Company & left them my information.

How is DJI Refresh going to handle this?

if the drone was at fault , they may give you a discount on a drone only package, usually 30%

DJI tend to give you 30% discount on a replacement if you can't return the damaged drone.

As to why it hit the wire - you weren't properly aware of the drone's surroundings. Next time be a little more cautious when flying near rail infrastructure. In many countries it's illegal to fly close to rail lines because of event like this.

unfortunately , unless you had permission to fly over the railway, it maybe you will have to learn by your mistake, but try anyway

Reactions: WDKZoom
DJI normal (at least for now) wait times are at least 30 minutes.

I have a Mavic 2 with a refresh care program. The s/n is 1633g7h00su008. I have tried to contact the chat line & it is useless. They stall me for 20 minutes at a time and I eventually gave up.

I was flying May 27th over a train. I hit a phone wire. The drone flipped and landed on the roof of a boxcar. Why did it hit the wire? The drone sent an upside down video for some time from the boxcar. Eventually the boxcar stated Moving and I lost the picture. What to do now? I contacted the RR Company & left them my information.

How is DJI Refresh going to handle this?
I don't understand why you are contacting DJI at all?

Since you flew the M2P into an obstruction, this was pilot error. As such, DJI would not replace it under manufacturer warranty. They would indeed replace it under Care Refresh since that includes damage due to pilot error. However, it is quite clear in the contract that you must return the crashed drone to them, and I have never heard of any case where they would deviate from that stance.

So the best approach would be to contact the RR company and try to get it back from them IF (this is a big IF) you were flying legally. As someone already mentioned, there are varying laws about flying in the vicinity of railroads. Even if it was a legal flight up to that point, you did place the drone on one of their railroad cars which can technically be considered trespassing. It all depends on the RR company and their take on the situation.

Reactions: bigswifty
My input on this (opinion - not professional) is that it sounds like a 'surroundings check' before take of wasn't completed, and you unfortunately managed to hit an obstruction, which caused the crash.

If I were in your position, I wouldn't expect much from DJI in terms of a replacement/refresh, as I'm guessing you no longer have the drone to return back to DJI.
In future, I would strongly advise checking your surroundings before taking off, and making a mental note of where is safe to flyThumbswayup

Also I notice you've provided your S/N in your post - I always keep serial numbers etc out of public posts (probably more of a 'me' thing than anything!).

EDIT: Also DJI Support - I contacted them earlier on today, and was connected to a support assistant within 1 minute of connecting (I did connect at 9:15AM, so probably low traffic at that time).

I don't understand why you are contacting DJI at all?

Since you flew the M2P into an obstruction, this was pilot error. As such, DJI would not replace it under manufacturer warranty. They would indeed replace it under Care Refresh since that includes damage due to pilot error. However, it is quite clear in the contract that you must return the crashed drone to them, and I have never heard of any case where they would deviate from that stance.

So the best approach would be to contact the RR company and try to get it back from them IF (this is a big IF) you were flying legally. As someone already mentioned, there are varying laws about flying in the vicinity of railroads. Even if it was a legal flight up to that point, you did place the drone on one of their railroad cars which can technically be considered trespassing. It all depends on the RR company and their take on the situation.

The reason to contact DJI is that they will likely offer a discount on a replacement.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salvator419