DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji repair

mouse5673

Reactions
I am having issues with my mavic mini since I updated the firmware. I have reported this to DJI and they have asked me to send in for repair.

I have completed the repair request and I'm waiting on the courier instructions to send my MM back to them for assessment.

Once I completed the request the website informed me I may be liable for repair costs even if I decide not to get the repair done it could cost me for the assesment. My fault is with the downward vision sensors and camera. I haven't had any crashes or rough landings/flying and have only flown my MM for a total of 25 minutes or so.

I bought my MM in December so as far as I'm aware should still be under warranty.

My question is do I go ahead with sending off to DJI or should I contact the place I bought it for a replacement?

Mat
1b3989b070bd063aaf861659c3c5197e.jpg

This sort of question periodical pops up in the computor magazine I subscribe to but the advice is still valid.

If product is still in the period of guarantee they say your contract is with the vendor not the manufacturer.

You should always go to the vendor because once you go to the manufacturer you have given the vendor an out clause.

If the product has to be sent to the manufacturer for any reason it is up to the vendor to do so at their expense.

I wouldn't mention updating firmware to the vendor as then they can say it was user eror, simply say it is malfunctioning.

This sort of question periodical pops up in the computor magazine I subscribe to but the advice is still valid.

If product is still in the period of guarantee they say your contract is with the vendor not the manufacturer.

You should always go to the vendor because once you go to the manufacturer you have given the vendor an out clause.

If the product has to be sent to the manufacturer for any reason it is up to the vendor to do so at their expense.
That was my thinking. I bought my drone from argos in the UK and with the current lockdown rules I am unable to go to the store to sort this out. Had a quick go at contacting via online chat earlier only to be put in a qué 26 minutes long which after 15 minutes was still 26 minutes long! My son wanted to play so I gave up but will have more time to sort it tomorrow.

Thanks for the input.

Mat

I have the same experience with Downward vision sensors and Camera a couple times. As I live in a remote area of a Third World Country, I fixed myself by cleansing them with a soft cotton pad, makeup brush and hair drier (you can borrow them from your wife or gf).
I hope you can fix it by yourself as no need to remove any part of your drone.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan