DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI service - USA

hunterws

Reactions
So, I buy a mavic mini and finally get the proper tablet and cable to hook everything up ... and get a remote cannot connect error. hmm
I contact DJI support as maybe I'm missing something simple. They run me through checks, it does not check out, they want to see it to repair it.
Ok, maybe be without it a few weeks, right? no
It took ten days to get there using their label, I see they are in no hurry just from shipping speed, uh oh.
So, it finally arrives and it will get spun through their well greased returns machine and I'll have it back in no time, right? no
Now it took ten days to get there, and is sitting somewhere collecting dust for the next week with no progress on their little progress page.
*sigh*
Keep in mind, I have yet to fly this. I'm kicking myself for NOT just doing a return with the retailer!

So, contacted support today, in hopes I could get this expedited, or satisfaction of some sort. no
The best they had was "please wait, thank you for understanding" or my favorite "thank you for your patience" (told them I was out).
Even when I got firm with them, I could sense they just shrug and giggle and tell me to "please wait, thank you, we apologize".

Then I read other forums where anyone else outside the US gets great service, fast and accurate.
So, is DJI purposely dragging their feet in the USA on purpose? Sure feels like it. I suppose they get a lot back, but they create that mess.
They could have simply sent me a new remote, return the one I received, and move on with our lives, and they can take their sweet time getting to it. but no...

I ended the conversation with them with something to the tune of; "well, when the competition gets stiffer and you have to up your game, you can increase customer service effectiveness".
I then sent an email to another manufacturer based in the US and pleaded with them to reverse engineer the mavic mini, clone it, and sell it cheaper. I'm pretty fed up with our dependence on one main producer.

That is what I'm going through right now, any other stories out there of slow or fast service? I'd like to hear both, maybe I'm just not being patient enough, but it's been 3 weeks and they still haven't even opened the package. ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000