DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Simulator Software

JMagnus

Reactions
Are there any plans to make this software compatible with Apple OS? As a new drone pilot located in a cold, wintry area of the country I would like to practice flying my drone in the winter. I can't imagine I'm the only who feels this way. However, I only use Apple products. Thanks.

Are there any plans to make this software compatible with Apple OS? As a new drone pilot located in a cold, wintry area of the country I would like to practice flying my drone in the winter. I can't imagine I'm the only who feels this way. However, I only use Apple products. Thanks.
I've been waiting, but no word.

I looked into it a little, and discovered it's intended for companies to train employee pilots so as to learn to do inspections without wrecking the drone.

If I read it right, the price tag is $1,350, so I'm out

The controller for my Mavic Pro Platinum will run the DJI app on my iPad when it is plugged in and connected to the actual drone. I realize this is not the same as the program on a desktop, however it is more realistic in the sense that it uses the controller joysticks and has the proper settings and readouts as an actual flight, including the battery time and controller buttons. The adjustments to the controller will alter the flight characteristics in the sim as well as the real drone.

Edited to add: If you choose to do this, remember to remove the props from your drone. I suspect they may be active, in sim mode but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
I've been waiting, but no word.

I looked into it a little, and discovered it's intended for companies to train employee pilots so as to learn to do inspections without wrecking the drone.

If I read it right, the price tag is $1,350, so I'm out

Well, you may be correct. There's a free version so I thought perhaps that would give limited use for non corporate purposes but I could very well be wrong.

The controller for my Mavic Pro Platinum will run the DJI app on my iPad when it is plugged in and connected to the actual drone. I realize this is not the same as the program on a desktop, however it is more realistic in the sense that it uses the controller joysticks and has the proper settings and readouts as an actual flight, including the battery time and controller buttons. The adjustments to the controller will alter the flight characteristics in the sim as well as the real drone.

Edited to add: If you choose to do this, remember to remove the props from your drone. I suspect they may be active, in sim mode but I'm not sure.

This sounds interesting but if the drone isn't flying how does this work? Is it a demo mode or something?

I should've been more specific. It is a simulation of flight with your drone, but it does use the actual controller via the DJI software. It realistically simulates flying your drone.

Reactions: JMagnus
It’s right where you start the app, just go to the menu on the first screen and go to flight academy

Hello JMagnus !
You are an Apple fan, OK ?

If you are talking about the DJI Flight Simulator, the one used to educate Phantom pilots for professional
shooting, you need a computer running Windows 10 (or possibly some older MS OS).
If you by any chance have got an IMAC, you can install Windows 10 on it.
Apple has detailed instructions on how to do that.

It might be possible to use a MACBook also, you have to research !
Possibly IPad, I have no idea if you can multi boot it.

I installed Win 10, latest version, om my IMAC 21.5" with Mojave 10.14.2, and then the simulator.
You need to check the requirements, a few controllers are not supported.
I have an Mavic Pro, so I have problems (for now anyway).

My reason for doing the install, is that I do not have a sufficient powerful Windows machine.

Good Luck !

Hello JMagnus !
You are an Apple fan, OK ?

If you are talking about the DJI Flight Simulator, the one used to educate Phantom pilots for professional
shooting, you need a computer running Windows 10 (or possibly some older MS OS).
If you by any chance have got an IMAC, you can install Windows 10 on it.
Apple has detailed instructions on how to do that.

It might be possible to use a MACBook also, you have to research !
Possibly IPad, I have no idea if you can multi boot it.

I installed Win 10, latest version, om my IMAC 21.5" with Mojave 10.14.2, and then the simulator.
You need to check the requirements, a few controllers are not supported.
I have an Mavic Pro, so I have problems (for now anyway).

My reason for doing the install, is that I do not have a sufficient powerful Windows machine.

Good Luck !
Thank you!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661