DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Smart Controller keeps rebooting

Kelpfish

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I was getting ready to fly last week so I hooked everything up at home and did a firmware update. Everything went fine. Then I went flying yesterday and and several things happen. Every time I turned on the drone and controller it would say inconsistent firmware found. So I let it update it, and it would do that same thing with the same firmware version each time I started it up. Then when flying it, the DJI Smart Controller multiple times during a 5-7 minute flight would go black, and boot into the screen to let me "ENTER DEVICE" all while the drone is hovering. It did that at least 20 times yesterday. When I entered the device it looked like it just picked up where it left off, with the drone still filming video. So when I got home I went into the settings on the controller and it said I needed to update the Go 4 software, so I did. Today, while I did not get the inconsistent firmware, the controller still goes black and reboots, forcing me to re-enter the device.

I have seen several posts on the DJI forum with the same exact issue (back as far as 2019 and one more recent) . But no solutions were offered nor did DJI acknowledge any issues. One person suggested I remove the firmware and re-install it and also with the controller. I'm not exactly skilled in this area and I know I'll lose all of my custom settings in doing so.

Have any of you seen this and if so do you have a fix? Otherwise can anyone supply a link to removing both the firmware and controller software and reinstalling? I am shooting with a SD card in the Mavic and not using the slot on the controller. It hasn't done this at all until the latest updates.

Any help is appreciated.

Joe

I'm not sure about the 2nd part (black screen, ENTER DEVICE).

But with the first one, I believe it's possible it was simply batteries that needed upgrading. The DJI messages are not very clear about what device is actually need of upgrading. So even though you let it upgrade, it's possible to run into the same problem only minutes later by putting in another battery that needs updating.

Just a guess.
Chris

I'm not sure about the 2nd part (black screen, ENTER DEVICE).

But with the first one, I believe it's possible it was simply batteries that needed upgrading. The DJI messages are not very clear about what device is actually need of upgrading. So even though you let it upgrade, it's possible to run into the same problem only minutes later by putting in another battery that needs updating.

Just a guess.
Chris
That is really what happened on the inconsistent firmware. Each time I put in a new battery I had to update. Thanks.

I did refresh the Mavic 2 firmware, the controller firmware and updated the Go-4 App. Nothing worked. Went flying today and it just keeps turning off randomly. In the DJI forum people were saying that they re-linked the drone to the controller and that seemed to solve the issue for them. Can anyone tell me how to so a reset link? I was in the controller and see my drone but it won't let me delete it. I suspect that deletes the entire account, though. A fresh link is what people are saying might work, so I'd like to try that. Any ideas?

I did refresh the Mavic 2 firmware, the controller firmware and updated the Go-4 App. Nothing worked. Went flying today and it just keeps turning off randomly. In the DJI forum people were saying that they re-linked the drone to the controller and that seemed to solve the issue for them. Can anyone tell me how to so a reset link? I was in the controller and see my drone but it won't let me delete it. I suspect that deletes the entire account, though. A fresh link is what people are saying might work, so I'd like to try that. Any ideas?

The section on the manual titled "Linking the Remote Controller" has all the info you need, page 47.

Chris

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas