DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Smart Controller problem - need help!

amir1301

Reactions
Hi folks,
So i hold a DJI SC V1 for more than a year now
its out of warranty

The other day, when I turned it ON the SC went on but the screen shown a DJI freezed logo,
I've tried to reset it couple of times but no luck, still had a DJI logo stuck,
After few resets the logo disappeared so the only thing you can see while turning ON the SC is a Black screen with a backlight (for about 3 sec and then went OFF) and that's all.

Problem #2 is when I connect it to the PC, It wont recognize the SC,
I am using windows 11
when I connect the USB cable there is no sound (pc side) which shows that there was a usb connected
when I go into device manager and push "show hide devices" I can't see the MP500 or any other "yellow marked" usb

I have tried to connect it via USB-A TO USB-A connector,while using this connection the PC do recognize a connection but I keep getting an error message and windows can not find any drives what so ever.
while i'm touching the screen - it wont response what so ever, no backlight turn ON,
while I am trying to turn the SC off - I need to push the off button for about 10 seconds, it vibrates for like 10 sec and just than turned off

How can I factory reset the software on the SC without using the screen

On one of the threads I saw that to make the SC be recognized by the PC I should turn on "USB DEBUG MODE" but I can, the screen is SUPER DEAD

Any Ideas PLEASE

somehow I think It's a software issue, its parallel to a dead android phone which his software was corrupted and now it needs to be flashed again, am I right?

Many thanks

Just a random thought...do you have a micro SD card installed in the controller? If so, try removing it. Don't know if there is a way to set the SC to factory defaults without it booting up.

Just a random thought...do you have a micro SD card installed in the controller? If so, try removing it. Don't know if there is a way to set the SC to factory defaults without it booting up.
Hi Maggior,
Thanks, No there isn't an SD card,
Meanwhile, I have tried to connect the SC to Windows 10 PC but still no luck,
I really hope someone can provide a solution, this is one of the most common SC issues but so little information about it is on the web,

Hi Maggior,
Thanks, No there isn't an SD card,
Meanwhile, I have tried to connect the SC to Windows 10 PC but still no luck,
I really hope someone can provide a solution, this is one of the most common SC issues but so little information about it is on the web,

It's frustrating when you find lots of posts about a problem but no solution. I had a similar experience with my SC and a compass calibration problem. I ended up having to send it in under warranty but right after I shipped it somebody chimed in with a solution. Ugh!

I know with Samsung Galaxy phones and tablets, there is a combination of buttons you press as you power it on to enter a basic menu of options, one of which is to reset the device. Perhaps there is something similar for the SC since it is also Android based.

Have you installed first the DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic? This should install the drivers you need. Then connect the SC to the PC.

1. Install the software in your computer using the link provided. This will install the lasted version
  2. reboot the computer after that
  3. just in case make sure you do not have a firewall on the computer that is blocking any comunication
  4. connect the SC to the PC and try another cable just in case
  5. open first the DJI Assistant 2
  6. turn on the SC and wait and see if the DJI Assistant can recognize the SC.
  7. Make sure you do not have any SD Card in the SC
  8. If is recognized just refresh the firmware and this should fix the issue
GOOD LUCK !!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580