DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI smart controller stick tension

stuc123

Reactions
DJI smart controller stick tension..

Hi Looking for a bit of help I bought a second-hand 6-month-old SC the stick tension are not the same the left hand is tighter than the right was wondering if this was normal on the SC?

Thanks.

DJI smart controller stick tension..

Hi Looking for a bit of help I bought a second-hand 6-month-old SC the stick tension are not the same the left hand is tighter than the right was wondering if this was normal on the SC?

Thanks.
No, It's not normal on mine...I tested my, over 6 month old SC and by touch they seemed a tad the other way, as my left stick seems a bit easier than my right gimbal. I then tried the "Bo'ing" test (This is my scientific term and may not be reused without express consent :p) Where as I flicked each stick down to full travel and listened as they snapped back to center..again the left stick "Seemed" to be the lighter tension of the two.

Personally I never noticed till you brought it up as mine are very close. YMMV but unless there is a huge difference, I would pay no mind to it as long as they recenter.

I am sure there is a YouTube video somewhere for tear down to get in there and adjust tension if one was so inclined :)

On a side note the new DJI FPV controller has a adjustable tension, I have never seen that on the smart controller.

Not noticeable on mine either.

So long as each one returns to center, I’d be hesitant on breaking the SC down to look at it, unless you know what you are doing.

Happy flying!

Thanks for the replies I'm stuck in two minds I could just return it back to the eBay seller ..

What's the warranty on the SC ?uk

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost