DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Spark fly more combo shipping delay

JamminJosh

Reactions
So I just received an email from Multirotorheli in Calgary AB advising me that my pre-ordered DJI Spark fly more combo has been delayed. Originally to be shipped on June 15th now the date has changed to July 31st. Wtf!?! I suppose I shouldn't be surprised given DJIs history with shipping. Anyone have any other info on this BS delay?

Hi,
I ordered Mavic here in the uk on 15th October and didn't receive untill 15th April.
I just looked at the place I got my mavic from at the spark and it says no information on stock at present not available for pre order.That suggests to me it's months away from the uk.I know your not ordering from the Uk but this does suggest it's going to be like the mavic all over again.
Good luck with your order.[emoji106]

Reactions: Former Member
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Huge splash announcement and no inventory. Sounds like they took lessons on JIT, (Japanese Inventory Transfer) Push the cost of inventory to your suppliers. Oh wait they did JIT too, so now it is spreading. Soon thousands of suppliers in millions of supply chains have nothing to ship. If you are to sell product you have to bite the bullet and stock it.

Typical DJI only thing they did right this time maximum 2 orders otherwise it will get cancelled. When we had dealers selling over MSRP under different eBay account as well that was bad.

I have heard that the white drone-only is still shipping on the 15th of June. The combo was scheduled to ship on June 30.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Good point TT. My question is who are the ones who are supposed to be learning? In this example, it is we poor buyers who are left with the short end of the stick again, and again and again. Did DJI not learn anything from the Mavic delays? **** the torpedoes, full speed ahead.

Reactions: TTFullTimer
Good point TT. My question is who are the ones who are supposed to be learning? In this example, it is we poor buyers who are left with the short end of the stick again, and again and again. Did DJI not learn anything from the Mavic delays? **** the torpedoes, full speed ahead.

Referring to DJI. Huge splash with Zero inventory. Yes it is nice to get preorders as a business. Methinks the DJI can certainly finance a shipping inventory of a new product. They had the fiasco with the Mavic under their belts. Were they so unsure of the Spark that they would not stock it but only build to order. Or perhaps the Chinese are not used to the instant gratification demanded by those in the west. Communist countries have long lines for everything.

And for we consumers, giving money in advance is usually only a requirement for very specialized custom work. As I have stated, this product more than any other from DJI is likely to hit the resale market in a huge way. The Spark is truly just a toy. And worse, it takes more space than a Mavic to carry around.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised given DJIs history with shipping.

You didn't learn with the mavic? Buying after launch and from a 3rd party will only frustrate you more. I'm not ordering until it hits the educational store in several months. Not gonna reward them for bad tactics.

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+