DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Suggests Gliding With Drones

MS Coast

That's MS as in Mississippi.
Premium Pilot
Reactions
This is the header for a DJI marketing email I received this morning.

I, for one, would probably not remain serene if my DJI drone's motors shut down and it attempted to glide.

Screenshot 2024-06-25 093550.jpg

Reactions: Bernard 07
I didn't pick up that the title was a bit misleading - I was too excited to read about the features I didn't know I had !
What's going on here then - I've never seen that (inset) screen before - is that allowing us to actually view the obs avoidance cams ?! Manual for M4P doesn't seem to have any uses of the words 'vision' and 'assist' together, so is that an omission, is this wrong, or might it be because I am a missing firmware update or something ?

1719331297022.png

is that allowing us to actually view the obs avoidance cams ?! Manual for M4P doesn't seem to have any uses of the words 'vision' and 'assist' together, so is that an omission, is this wrong, or might it be because I am a missing firmware update or something ?
Yes, you can see a black & white feed from each of the OA cameras. It's interesting, but I've not found much use for the feature.

DJI is often a bit weak on documenting the features and operation of their products. The functionality should be available on your drone. There are small icons around the edges of that display in the lower left corner of the screen to switch from map to attitude indicator to OA cameras.

Reactions: AeroJ
Yes, you can see a black & white feed from each of the OA cameras. It's interesting, but I've not found much use for the feature.
The functionality should be available on your drone. There are small icons around the edges of that display in the lower left corner of the screen to switch from map to attitude indicator to OA cameras.

Hmmm. Yeah, I definitely don't have those arrows, and I can only switch between camera, map and radar views.
I thought I'd check though, because I watch tons of videos that show screen recordings of different flights on recent M4P's (which I presume ARE fully updated) and they don't have the arrows either - literally can't find a single one that does ! Also, not a single reviewer of that craft has demonstrated, or mentioned this ability as being available, and I must have watched 50-100 of those ! Isn't that a bit weird ? If we have got it, why is no1 showing or mentioning it - it's not THAT useless a feature, and as we can see, DJI feel a need to shout about it !?! :)

Hmmm. Yeah, I definitely don't have those arrows, and I can only switch between camera, map and radar views.
I thought I'd check though, because I watch tons of videos that show screen recordings of different flights on recent M4P's (which I presume ARE fully updated) and they don't have the arrows either - literally can't find a single one that does ! Also, not a single reviewer of that craft has demonstrated, or mentioned this ability as being available, and I must have watched 50-100 of those ! Isn't that a bit weird ? If we have got it, why is no1 showing or mentioning it - it's not THAT useless a feature, and as we can see, DJI feel a need to shout about it !?! :)

I just shot these on the Mini 4 Pro.

In the lower left corner of the controller screen, open the attitude indicator; it looks like a compass. The arrow icon in the lower right corner switches to the OA camera viewer. The < and > icons switch from one camera to another.

Screenshot 2024-06-26 110455.jpg Screenshot 2024-06-26 110412.jpg

Reactions: AeroJ
I just shot these on the Mini 4 Pro.

In the lower left corner of the controller screen, open the attitude indicator; it looks like a compass. The arrow icon in the lower right corner switches to the OA camera viewer. The < and > icons switch from one camera to another.

View attachment 175875 View attachment 175876
Do you have to be in flight for that option to show ? Because if I hit that arrow you circled red up there pre-launch it will only switch between radar and map.

Do you have to be in flight for that option to show ? Because if I hit that arrow you circled red up there pre-launch it will only switch between radar and map.
With the drone and controller powered up, I see a prompt that said it's only available in flight.

The OA camera view is available in flight, but it's also visible with the motors running and the drone still on the ground.

Ok, thanks - mine won't do it with motors powered, which kinda confirms for me that I am missing this only because I haven't done an update. Thanks for the help and confirming.

Is this a mini 4 pro ONLY feature? Or would it work on my mini 3 pro? (I know you wouldn't have side views, but wondering if you could have a rear view).

Mavic 3, Air 3, and Mini 4 Pro only.

Seems to be confined to 360 OA models.

@AeroJ there is a switch somewhere in the setting to turn the Augmented Reality features on/off, maybe the OA camera views are included? Make sure this is enabled so you get the AR landing shadow, probably the most useful feature that came with this bundle of features.

Mavic 3, Air 3, and Mini 4 Pro only.

Seems to be confined to 360 OA models.

@AeroJ there is a switch somewhere in the setting to turn the Augmented Reality features on/off, maybe the OA camera views are included? Make sure this is enabled so you get the AR landing shadow, probably the most useful feature that came with this bundle of features.

I figured - it makes sense but I was hoping.....

Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ