DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI support

Dotcomguy3020

Reactions
I recently sent in my mp to dji for a gimbal over load error. By the way the gimbal never did fully calibrate since day one. It always hung on 31%. I dropped it off at the local ups store on July 12th and it's in transit to come back on Sept 1st. Does it usually take over a half month for this company to get something fixed? I don't have DJI refresh either. Just going to insure it thru state farm when it comes back.

Why don't you check on its progress at DJI Repair Service Center and chase them up if need be? DJI Europe took about 3 weeks to replace my Mavic due to a Gimbal error.

I sent mine in around June 21 (DJI Europe) and it took them 2 weeks to come back with the damage report with some foto's and a repair quotation because it wasn't covered by warranty, they said. I'm convinced it had nothing to do with pilot error (it collided with the object it was following during active track and I wasn't holding the sticks at that moment) but since the bill was very reasonable I decided to pay the proforma invoice. After that it took them a week to start the actual repair which took 2 days. Add another 4 days for them to send it back and that totalled a full month. I received it 2 days ago.

Guess what, they sent a brand new one (not refurbished) with a totally different serial nr. They didn't repair anything at all!!!

OK it took over 4 weeks, but to get a brand new Mavic back (the one I sent in was scratched at different spots because of the collision and drop during active track) was a nice surprise. I had no care refresh. After powering up the first time it even gave me the option to opt for care refresh. But as soon as I synchronised my flight records that option was gone.

Last edited:
That's awesome. It was the repair is done and on its way home. I won't get it back til next Tues. It would be cool to get a brand new one.

I recently sent in my mp to dji for a gimbal over load error. By the way the gimbal never did fully calibrate since day one. It always hung on 31%. I dropped it off at the local ups store on July 12th and it's in transit to come back on Sept 1st. Does it usually take over a half month for this company to get something fixed? I don't have DJI refresh either. Just going to insure it thru state farm when it comes back.
Great idea insuring with State Farm, I do along with many others. With that said, would State Farm pay for a new drone or just cover the cost of the repair? If they only cover the cost of repair then nothing is gained because you'll still have to send it to DJI.

Great idea insuring with State Farm, I do along with many others. With that said, would State Farm pay for a new drone or just cover the cost of the repair? If they only cover the cost of repair then nothing is gained because you'll still have to send it to DJI.
State Farm covers the entire purchase amount. They said I needed the receipt showing what I paid for the mp and the sn# off it. So just in case they send me a new mp, I had to wait to register it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MacPilot55