DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI TFR restrictions as opposed to actual Faa TFR

hiflyer201

Reactions
Yesterday for the first time in nearly two weeks the sky in the desert above Los Angeles cleared enough to see blue. I thought I would try to get a look at a fire that was still raging to the south and I checked to see that I was clear of any TFR on my aviation APP "Foreflight" . DJI was not allowing me to fly the Air 2 without authorization but did send me a number to enter. It came back with a message to try later. Since I knew that I was clear of the TFR and I was only going to fly fifty feet over my house I figured I'd give it a try with the Mavic Air 1. I was able to quickly get authorization with the DJI Go 4 app. I've been able to fly the 1 twice since, once last night, and then again this morning without any further message for authorization?? The blue dot is my location.
A TRF photo.PNGNormally I would be directly on the fly way as the Tanker base is located at KWJF just to the North West of Palmdale but their runway has been shortened for renovation and all the flight operations are based elsewhere. It's been a tough year all around :confused: Naturally I wouldn't fly, clearance or not, if I could cause any type of interference. I'm many miles away from the fire.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu