DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Waypoints so archaic and camera does not point down at subject!

Grey Wolf

Reactions
I'm trying to practice on the not very good and intuitive DJI waypoint program in preparation for the Crystal sky monitor.
It lacks so many features that FPV Camera and Autopilot have its not even funny.
Main problem of course is that you waste a battery pre flying the mission.
However, the most upsetting feature is the fact that the camera does not point at the angle you set it at while setting up each waypoint. When I fly the mission, the camera appears to want to point up and not down at my , say, building I'm filming. I have to tilt manually which I shouldn't have to do.
With FPV camera, I can pre determine the angle of the camera beforehand and it works great!
This is going to be a real problem. Why can't DJI allow 3rd party apps? For god's sakes DJI, get your act together!
Anyone have this issue too when using the DJI waypoint mission?

I like the Mavic, but I don't like the DJI APPs. . . (I'm not as far as you are, but also could not find or get the Mavic to "copy" all the moves I made) I had thought it would "record" everything I did then just repeat them each time I flew that mission. Not the case at all. . . .(Mavic will go to those locations but does not control the camera)

I hope we missed a "Setting" along the way!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7