DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJIGo4 "Disconnected" on Samsung S8

bluelabel

Reactions
Hi All,

This problem has been driving me insane for months and I can't fix it no matter what I try. See attached picture.

I have tried:
All the syncing things
Changing cables
Changing USB from side to bottom
Factory rest on both phone and Mavic Pro
Rollback to different versions of Mavic Software
Switching into Andriod Developer Options and USB debugging changes

I did try another device, which was an android tablet on the same version as the phone, that works, but not practical for flying.

Please, please please, could someone assist.

Thanks

Mavic 1.jpg

Is the firmware on the RC and AC the latest versions ?

Is the RC connected to the drone, can you control the gimbal from the RC ?
Has it been bound successfully ?

Have you turned off the wi-fi switch on the AC ?

Is the firmware on the RC and AC the latest versions ?

Yes, updated to latest and nothing. Also rolled back to different versions.

Is the RC connected to the drone, can you control the gimbal from the RC ?
Has it been bound successfully ?

Yes, i can fly it, there's just nothing on the screen, so can't see anything of what I'm trying to photograph or video.

Have you turned off the wi-fi switch on the AC ?

Yes, is switched to RC mode. It flys and screen is visible on Wi-Fi.

Yes, updated to latest and nothing. Also rolled back to different versions.

Yes, i can fly it, there's just nothing on the screen, so can't see anything of what I'm trying to photograph or video.

Yes, is switched to RC mode. It flys and screen is visible on Wi-Fi.

Sounds like a cable issue, especially since it works with a tablet.

Are you using a data quality usb-c cable ?

Have you also deleted and reinstalled DJI Go4 on the S8 ?

Reactions: Thomas B
Sounds like a cable issue, especially since it works with a tablet.

Are you using a data quality usb-c cable ?

Have you also deleted and reinstalled DJI Go4 ?
I've used multiple cables and tested on a friend's device. All worked perfectly there.

Yes, the app had been uninstalled and reinstalled. I have factory reset my phone and settings on my phone.

I've used multiple cables and tested on a friend's device. All worked perfectly there.

Yes, the app had been uninstalled and reinstalled. I have factory reset my phone and settings on my phone.

What version of DJI Go4 are you running ?

Try downloading the DJI Go4 app directly from the DJI Mavic Pro downloads page and then side load it onto the phone.
Don't install it from the Play Store, just get the .apk file and install it.

Try plugging in the phone last, after the AC and RC have connected

1597565975027.png

Last edited:
Try downloading the DJI Go4 app directly from the DJI Mavic Pro downloads page and then side load it onto the phone.
Don't install it from the Play Store, just get the .apk file and install it.

Try plugging in the phone last, after the AC and RC have connected

Hello.

Yes I just gave that a go, and nothing :(

I do notice on your photo that the Samsung S8 isn't listed as a supported device, but the S8+ is. My understanding is they are effectively the same device, with the S8+ simply having a larger screen.

Is it possible that the the S8 is no longer supported. (it worked fine for 2 years)

Hello.

Yes I just gave that a go, and nothing :(

I do notice on your photo that the Samsung S8 isn't listed as a supported device, but the S8+ is. My understanding is they are effectively the same device, with the S8+ simply having a larger screen.

Is it possible that the the S8 is no longer supported. (it worked fine for 2 years)

Do you mean you can't install the apk, if so you'll need to allow "installing from other sources" , this is in the guide below
and configure usb port settings if you haven't already done so

1597628680046.png

Have a look at a few things in this guide

Last edited:
Have you tried earlier versions of DJI go4, have you ever had it working using 4.3.37

I read somewhere the later versions of DJI Go4 don't like the S8 screen ratio which is 18.5:9 while DJI Go4 is 16:9

Try playing around with turning on/off full screen mode for DJI Go4, I suspect it needs to "off" for DJI Go4

Last edited:
Have you tried earlier versions of DJI go4, have you ever had it working using 4.3.37

No I haven't. I have tried earlier drone firmware.

I've just found them online. Wil go away and try a few versions of those. Thank you for your assistance so far :)

Here is a great cable I found at Amazon.
Hanatora 11.8 Inch USB C to USB C Remote Controller Cable Compatible with DJI Mavic Air 2 Drone

Hi bluelabel....understand your frustration as I have been playing with my Samsung Galaxy S8.4 SM T700.
Thanks to those who offered suggestions, I just think mine is not going to work.
I tried what this guy on youtube recommended but without success. Perhaps your tablet is a different model.
Every success mate ...from Down Under
Ps just copy and paste the below link

Are you sure the cables from the gimbal/camera are intact?
Are you still in warranty?

Hi yes.

The cables work on Galaxy Tab A and the drone and controller work perfectly on the Galaxy Tab A, just not the S8 phone.

No the drone is over 2 years old. what would be recource if it was in warranty?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143