DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI's Mini 2 Receives First Firmware Upgrade of 2021 (V01.02.0100)

2.7k and 48/50/60fps is related to V01.02.0000, not with the latest update
Anyway I'll take a look ASAP
Okay, I updated to the latest firmware yesterday and inside of the description it does say it’s included in it but still no luck ?

I just noticed that there's yet another firmware update today, so sharing it here.

707a018f60299350d663871b848d03f5.jpg

It doesn't look like it's anything new from the one a few days ago. I'll wait a bit before biting, as I had a wonderful day out with this drone yesterday, so in no rush to fix something that isn't broken.

I'm new here on this forum, and also a new drone owner, so decided to sign up here, as half the questions I was Googling sent me here anyways.
It fix the problem of bug that change ATTI mode even GPS is very strong.

Can't find info about "Improve overall stability" on the web compared with ver. 01.02.0000
Is this a fake update used to lock future software hacks ?
What software hacks? They're no software hacks for the Mini 2, except for increasing speed in Normal mode. DJI has been putting in anti-rollback features in their firmware for over a year now and there is no specific firmware that allows more hacking anyway.

Side note, I have a Mini 1 and increased the speeds on it, went to do the Mini 2, and Sport mode was already maxed out. So what I took my Mini 1 to, the Mini 2 was already at those levels.

Not being rude to your post but using it to raise my query:
I don’t understand anyone’s reluctance to update, it’s almost as though it’s technically fashionable or some sort of advanced knowledge that updates are questionable!
We all (most) race to get the latest drone so why hesitant to keep it at the latest level. Eg now you get zoom on pics as well as video, no update=no zoom!
I DO know some occasionally have issues but those are rare indeed.
Thoughts?
You have fallen to the fallacy that "newer equals better". This is not always correct, especially when you are dealing with software. As others have said, fixing one issue can bring about other issues. If the issue they are fixing doesn't affect you, what is really the point of doing the update?

Biggest example for me was when they rolled out new firmware for the Mavic 2 series which included anti-rollback technology so you couldn't roll back to an older firmware. With the Mavic 2s, if you are on a certain older firmware, you can easily remove NFZ, altitude limits, increase transmission signal, etc. Of course that technology was not stated in the change log and just like that they killed the modding community for the Mavic 2s. If you didn't upgrade to that firmware, you are still good to mod as you like.

Glad that they fixed the DNG in panoramic mode, now it'll be usable in adobe products for stitching.

That annoying artifact in 4K is nice to fix but could be easily cropped in post in a 1 line trim.

What I'm interested in trying though is 60p at 2.7k, since that's actually not a bad resolution drop down from 4K, and will most likely default to 2.7k for my higher frame rates if there's no adverse effects. The question of course is that is whether or not 2.7k/60p is still 40Mbps max, if so then each frame is a lower quality than 2.7k/30p.

Reactions: Christianpeso
I've just downloaded the latest Android FLY app from the DJI website.

I then did two flights, the first partially synched with airdata, the second not at all.

When I go into the profile on the app, it shows 0 drones, 0 hours and will not syncronise.

I have had to uninstall it, and reinstall the older version from google play store.
I've seen that, it's worse with iOS. But if you give it a minute, the logs show up in Flight Data Center. Although my iPad won't sync out or receive sync flights I did on 12/27.

I just tested and confirmed, getting 80Mbps at 2.7k in 48fps, 50fps, and 60fps! 24, 25, and 30fps are still 40 Mbps.
Nice, so roughly each higher speed option is the same amount of data per frame as their lower end counterpart, so in theory not a reduction in quality, just more frames per second to work with.

Basically
24p and 48p is 1.667Mbps per frame (80/48, 40/24)
25p and 50p is 1.6Mbps per frame
30p and 60p is 1.3Mbps per frame

It probably won't happen, but at 80Mbps it's exactly 10MB/s (8 bits in a byte), meaning the Mini 1 could still use a class 10 card and accomplish those rates (since previously at 40Mbps you didn't need more than a class 10). It would certainly be interesting if they add it, unless the reason they don't is the same reason it doesn't have 4K despite being the same sensor.

Took the drone up for its first flight on the new firmware, all went ok (did notice some lag when turning but not too bad, just noticeable. Video also was a little lagged and had 100% signal) and at around the 10 minute mark got a "Gimbal motor overload (40003)" error, flying back it was noticeable that the gimbal was no longer stabilising but after landing was moving fine, reboot it would stick.

Gimbal is working again, put in a new battery (had 53% in the other but wasn't going to fly only to return to put another battery in). On the first battery flight time was 13 minutes with 15 minutes (53%) estimated remaining, second flight time was 23 minutes with 3 minutes (13%) estimated remaining and no issues (other than the low battery alert while returning to the take off location). So far no ATTI mode issues.

Will take it for another flight tomorrow, see if any further issues arise.

Took the drone up for its first flight on the new firmware, all went ok (did notice some lag when turning but not too bad, just noticeable. Video also was a little lagged and had 100% signal) and at around the 10 minute mark got a "Gimbal motor overload (40003)" error, flying back it was noticeable that the gimbal was no longer stabilising but after landing was moving fine, reboot it would stick.

Gimbal is working again, put in a new battery (had 53% in the other but wasn't going to fly only to return to put another battery in). On the first battery flight time was 13 minutes with 15 minutes (53%) estimated remaining, second flight time was 23 minutes with 3 minutes (13%) estimated remaining and no issues (other than the low battery alert while returning to the take off location). So far no ATTI mode issues.

Will take it for another flight tomorrow, see if any further issues arise.
What was the temperature like that flight?

Tested this evening.
Everything seems to be working correctly apart from having encountered a reception problem, it seems to me that the signal has become weaker and less reliable.
Flight in FCC and where before I easily reached over 4Km, in the flight this evening I had a lot of disturbances and the signal went away at about 3.5Km
Tomorrow I will try to do other tests

Reactions: TheDude
Did a short test in downtown Grand Rapids, just to mainly check out the 2.7k @ 48p (For slow motion down to 24p), and to check the panoramic mode with DNG files (the 9 frames in wield yielding a 37 megapixel image when stitched in Adobe Camera Raw). Can confirm they fixed the DNG issue in panoramic where the upper left quarter was a different color than the rest of the image.

Was 28F, 8mph winds (gusts up to 16mph)

5yAA2bh.jpg

What was the temperature like that flight?
Ground air temperature was 28°C (82.4°F). Winds mostly light, with the odd weak dust devil. First battery started at 21.9°C (71.4°F) got to a max temperature of 40.2°C (104.4°F) and the second started at 28.9°C (84.0°F) and reached a max 48.7°C (119.7°C).

In a few days, expected to have two days reaching a high of 39°C (102.2°F).

Ground air temperature was 28°C (82.4°F). Winds mostly light, with the odd weak dust devil. First battery started at 21.9°C (71.4°F) got to a max temperature of 40.2°C (104.4°F) and the second started at 28.9°C (84.0°F) and reached a max 48.7°C (119.7°C).

In a few days, expected to have two days reaching a high of 39°C (102.2°F).
Wondering if it's possible some dust/sand got to the gimbal motor joints and caused some friction making the motors work harder.

I got my first drone ever, Mini 2 on Wed. Charged it up, connected everything yesterday, Saturday, prompted me to update everything which I did, using a Samsung S10+. Had my maiden flight after doing compass calibration. Flew, came back and landed and it prompted for the for the I?? Calibration which I did. I took off and landed manually several times. Flew in 32 F weather off of lake ice. Total of 16 minutes of flying time. No crashes. Took pictures and video. This drone is very quiet, I'm totally impressed, rock solid performance.
Lucky you. I've had a Mini 2 for weeks and it hasn't turned a blade due to a firmware issue that no one at DJI as yet appears to know how to fix.

Flew again, this time a little below freezing, low winds, No real issues I could see, a little bit of stutter in video transmission around 600 feet away (and 200 feet up), but recovered visual transmission quite quickly (not even a second).

Tried pano mode, flying around with gimbal straight down, as well as tried both 4k and 2.7k (at 60p) without any real issues.

J9jEc7R.png

The two 'warnings' was notifying about aircraft in altitude zone (they're typically around 490 feet above as the airport is north of here, and I'm a couple miles outside of the controlled airspace).

vUIjvXq.png

doQe5MA.png

So yea... no real issue I could see with the new 1.2.2 app and newest firmware.

Reactions: TheDude and PJordan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dseyna