DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI's Mini 2 Receives First Firmware Upgrade of 2021 (V01.02.0100)

I am now two (?) updates behind. Not sure about updating my Mini 2 yet since I have had zero problems with how it flies, photo, or video quality.
I only have drone a few days so unless I get error I wont update. Spoke to someone else with same views. I will use it mainly for still images and very short flights.

I have put off updating because I was afraid I would lose the ability to see where the ac is relative to me and which way it is pointing so I could turn it to bring it home. Can someone explain how I can do that with the update which removed the little pointer at center bottom. Mini2 flyer.
If you click on the lower right corner of the map you will see the compass that shows where the aircraft is. Or you can just follow the red line back home on the map.

Reactions: raymairjr
I just noticed that there's yet another firmware update today, so sharing it here.

707a018f60299350d663871b848d03f5.jpg

It doesn't look like it's anything new from the one a few days ago. I'll wait a bit before biting, as I had a wonderful day out with this drone yesterday, so in no rush to fix something that isn't broken.

I'm new here on this forum, and also a new drone owner, so decided to sign up here, as half the questions I was Googling sent me here anyways.
What's the main difference between this one and the other released on 12/28/20?

It fix the problem of bug that change ATTI mode even GPS is very strong.
It hasn’t, got numerous “GPS signal weak. Switched to Attitude mode. Aircraft unable to hover. Fly with caution” errors on two flights today and clearly wasn’t flying in ATTI mode, since the drone remained stable (hover) and easy to control.

also had the DJI Fly app crash or close on my iPhone 11 Pro while flying.

Other than those two issues, no further gimbal issues (possibly was dust that caused the issue the other day). Had a strong wind warning at about 114m (374ft) AGL but the drone did quite well though felt slow and laggy flying into the wind (expected).

Max battery temperature got to 58.6°C (137.5°F), air temperature was 38.9°C (102.0°F) average wind speed at 10m AGL 20km/h (12.4mph) and gusting to 24km/h (14.9mph). Also got the drone to travel at 42.5km/h (26.4mp/h) with the wind behind the drone in sports mode, though would’ve ran out of safe space if I continued, so need a bigger sports field (empty of course) to get the full maximum speed run.

Attachments

• 57C82110-24D8-4C71-8BEB-50DBB1BD573E.jpeg
    57C82110-24D8-4C71-8BEB-50DBB1BD573E.jpeg
    461.9 KB · Views: 27
  • C21F68E4-E900-425E-8833-EBFC6C80EEC3.jpeg
    C21F68E4-E900-425E-8833-EBFC6C80EEC3.jpeg
    471.8 KB · Views: 28
  • C9E168B9-D8F8-430E-BAD1-AF6742ECECA8.jpeg
    C9E168B9-D8F8-430E-BAD1-AF6742ECECA8.jpeg
    461.6 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: TDZHDTV
What's the main difference between this one and the other released on 12/28/20?
The three biggies... adding 48p, 50p, 60p to 2.7K (that's kind of a big deal in my opinion) , fixing DNG files shot in panoramic mode (about time), and fixing that little green line in the upper left corner of 4K video shot in 30p (though could crop like one pixel off the top in an editor, but still fixed).

Well it hasn’t fixed the controller orientation on the new radar (iOS), and before anyone asks my iPhone compass is spot on.
Hi - mine niether! so annoying! Pre the firmware update my mini 2 was perfect. The drone orientation arrow was bottom middle of the screen, as clear as day to read and worked perfectly.
Now, I have a tiny blue arrow poking out from a tiny blue circle which faces at 90 degrees in the wrong direction of the drone! Like you, I am on IOS (which is up to date) and I have re-calibrated everything, even though the day before the update all was well.
I need to know where the drone is in relation to the RC as if you turn away for a split second and lose sight it is now a real struggle as the blue arrow says you are pointing at it when in reality you are pointing the other way!
Anyone know how this can be fixed? Cheers

Reactions: TDZHDTV
Not being rude to your post but using it to raise my query:
I don’t understand anyone’s reluctance to update, it’s almost as though it’s technically fashionable or some sort of advanced knowledge that updates are questionable!
We all (most) race to get the latest drone so why hesitant to keep it at the latest level. Eg now you get zoom on pics as well as video, no update=no zoom!
I DO know some occasionally have issues but those are rare indeed.
Thoughts?
I agree I always have updated when they came out and have had a great experience doing so.

Just done the update today as it was available. I so wish i hadn't! I've had months of trouble free flying then this update.
For some reason now i cant view live footage whilst recording. This means i can view as normal in flight but when i choose to record the screen freezes!
I'm now pulling my hair out! ?
Anyone got any suggestions?

Just done the update today as it was available. I so wish i hadn't! I've had months of trouble free flying then this update.
For some reason now i cant view live footage whilst recording. This means i can view as normal in flight but when i choose to record the screen freezes!
I'm now pulling my hair out! ?
Anyone got any suggestions?
Need some more details, did you get the latest DJI Fly (1.2.4)? Not sure if 1.2.4 was required for the firmware update.

Not being rude to your post but using it to raise my query:
I don’t understand anyone’s reluctance to update, it’s almost as though it’s technically fashionable or some sort of advanced knowledge that updates are questionable!
You likely are a new DJI customer, and this is your first DJI drone.

Those of us that have been at this for years across many DJI models know better. We wait and let all you noob Guinea Pigs uncover all the bugs and instability first. ;)

If your DJI drone is working and meeting your needs, it is risky to update it... It may stop working entirely, or have some new problem that makes it unusable for your specific needs.

Trust me. I started 5 years ago with a Phantom 3, and have every Mavic (except zoom), and the Mini 2. I've been through this a lot with DJI.

Reactions: JC_Wang
Well that’s about the best NONE answer I’ve ever heard!

of course something does not need to broken to be worth improving. Broken suggests not working, in which fix the effing thing, update improves upon what it was already doing but makes it even better!
In software systems, it is commonplace to have a fix to one problem break something somewhere else. This risk is much bigger if new features are added (new programming code). Existing code that worked fine for other features must be modified to accommodate the new feature, and ends up breaking an existing feature.

I have this error. Very frustrating as my Mini 2 is brand new and unflown because of this problem. I'm talking to DJI about a fix, but it looks like I will be packing the whole thing up and returning it for repair or replacement.
Just a thought: Had you activated the drone yet through the DJI Fly app?

I don't know that this would cause a problem with updates, but if you didn't, it may be the problem.

You likely are a new DJI customer, and this is your first DJI drone.

Those of us that have been at this for years across many DJI models know better. We wait and let all you noob Guinea Pigs uncover all the bugs and instability first. ;)

If your DJI drone is working and meeting your needs, it is risky to update it... It may stop working entirely, or have some new problem that makes it unusable for your specific needs.

Trust me. I started 5 years ago with a Phantom 3, and have every Mavic (except zoom), and the Mini 2. I've been through this a lot with DJI.
Just wondering what version is the Fly you fly your mini 2 and what version of firmware you installed on your mini 2?

The three biggies... adding 48p, 50p, 60p to 2.7K (that's kind of a big deal in my opinion) , fixing DNG files shot in panoramic mode (about time), and fixing that little green line in the upper left corner of 4K video shot in 30p (though could crop like one pixel off the top in an editor, but still fixed).
Updated, restarted everything, checked FW version while connected to Mini 2 through DJI Fly, says 01.02.0100. App 1.2.1.

Go to 2.7k video, no 48/50/60 fps.

Any ideas?

Gonna read through the whole thread now, but thought I'd post first and see if anyone knows and would be nice :)

Updated, restarted everything, checked FW version while connected to Mini 2 through DJI Fly, says 01.02.0100. App 1.2.1.

Go to 2.7k video, no 48/50/60 fps.

Any ideas?

Gonna read through the whole thread now, but thought I'd post first and see if anyone knows and would be nice :)
Delete your DJI app 1.2.1 AND then reload it. You should see App ver 1.2.4 under the "About" menu when hooked up to your mini 2

Delete your DJI app 1.2.1 AND then reload it. You should see App ver 1.2.4 under the "About" menu when hooked up to your mini 2
Thanks... just noticed reading through there is a 1.2.4. Curious that the Play Store doesn't offer to upgrade. Okie dokie, delete and reinstall, back in a minute...

Thanks... just noticed reading through there is a 1.2.4. Curious that the Play Store doesn't offer to upgrade. Okie dokie, delete and reinstall, back in a minute...
Okay, that didn't work. The Play Store (PS) downloaded and installed 1.2.1 again. In the PS, that's the version that shows in the About section.

I'm running on a Galaxy Fold 2, a very new phone. I wonder if it isn't listed as supported in the PS by Fly v1.2.4, so PS doesn't show it to me.

Found the APK on APK Mirror, you can download it clicking here: DJI Fly v1.2.4.

Problem solved.

Okay, that didn't work. The Play Store (PS) downloaded and installed 1.2.1 again. In the PS, that's the version that shows in the About section.

I'm running on a Galaxy Fold 2, a very new phone. I wonder if it isn't listed as supported in the PS by Fly v1.2.4, so PS doesn't show it to me.

Found the APK on APK Mirror, you can download it clicking here: DJI Fly v1.2.4.

Problem solved.

Apk is on DJI website. I wouldn’t download from mirror sites as they may have viruses in them

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure