DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI's web team....

Donnie Frank

Reactions
Got this email this morning:
1684938257256.png

I thought, "That sounds interesting. I think I'll click on the video." Which took me here:
1684938329845.png

This is what happens when you outsource your web team. I like the suggestion that I can "try go back...." ChinEnglish. I can almost hear them say it, "You try go back!!"

Get it together DJI. You're a multibillion dollar behemoth. You can afford a real web team who does actual testing and MONITORING of your website.

D

• Haha
Reactions: ericole
Got this email this morning:
View attachment 164572

I thought, "That sounds interesting. I think I'll click on the video." Which took me here:
View attachment 164573

This is what happens when you outsource your web team. I like the suggestion that I can "try go back...." ChinEnglish. I can almost hear them say it, "You try go back!!"

Get it together DJI. You're a multibillion dollar behemoth. You can afford a real web team who does actual testing and MONITORING of your website.

D

That is where software is these days - outsource to the lowest bidder and "good enough" is what you get. And "good enough" isn't functional a lot of the time. Its all about the details and outsourced places typically gloss over a lot of the details. I certainly hope they have a sharper team working on the apps and firmware for the drones (I'm pretty sure they do).

I've always said it doesn't matter what it looks like if it doesn't function - but these days the look is more important than the function most of the time. Make it pretty first and make it functional second.

The link in the email from DJI works fine, I just watched the video.

@Donnie Frank just watched it on the Email i received ok
I'm still getting the 404 error. Sitting behind a broadband account that is having no other issues.

I have a feeling that, like everything else, DJI is building their websites to service phones (hate the term "mobile devices"). Are you using an actual web browser on a Desktop computer?

D

Reactions: ericole
I'm still getting the 404 error. Sitting behind a broadband account that is having no other issues.

I have a feeling that, like everything else, DJI is building their websites to service phones (hate the term "mobile devices"). Are you using an actual web browser on a Desktop computer?

D
Yes, Firefox on a Windows PC, on a broadband cable.
It also works with Opera browser connected with VPN.

Reactions: Donnie Frank

D
Email link works for me. I'm sitting in a major Seattle hospital (at work) and despite all the security on this computer, the link worked fine.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Keep trying, it's an amazing video. I wonder how many props were 'tipped' on the interior shots, wonder if somebody's carrying the drone sometimes, and am amazed nobody got their nose sliced off...

Hey doods!

I finally had some time to dive into this. Seems, for whatever reason, the Brave browser seems to be the culprit. This is the first time I've seen the Brave browser unable to load a website that other browsers use.

My girlfriend is a web developer. So I have seen her spend hours toiling with her clients' websites to make sure they load on all platforms, all browsers in all environments. She's a one-woman-show. So if she can hit the 99 percentile, a huge conglomeration like DJI - with what is an undoubtedly a well-staffed web team - SHOULD be able to do the same. Just my 2 cents.

UPDATE: I just tried reloading the page from the Brave Browser and it now works. I believe Brave may have done an update over the weekend. This may have fixed the issue.

D

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000