DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do any pilots here fly fixed wing UAS (especially under Part 107) and if so what do you do with it?

Dangerly

Reactions
I just learned that the FAA Part 107 test includes fixed wing UAS, and that has me wondering now about the photographic and video potential of fixed wing craft. I would guess they have all kinds of long range, surveillance, and of of course military uses, which I'm not personally interested in. If you fly a fixed wing craft, especially under Part 107 or even recreationally, would you describe what you do? If you have any photos or videos you like, would you mind sharing? I searched for "cinematic video fixed wing UAS" and a few other searches in Youtube and elsewhere couldn't find anything.

I just learned that the FAA Part 107 test includes fixed wing UAS, and that has me wondering now about the photographic and video potential of fixed wing craft. I would guess they have all kinds of long range, surveillance, and of of course military uses, which I'm not personally interested in. If you fly a fixed wing craft, especially under Part 107 or even recreationally, would you describe what you do? If you have any photos or videos you like, would you mind sharing? I searched for "cinematic video fixed wing UAS" and a few other searches in Youtube and elsewhere couldn't find anything.
this is not quite the same as you wanted but years ago I flew fix wing RC plans with a sony video camera onboard but you don't get the stability as you do on a drone unless you have a floating gimbal which I didn't.
this is an example of 1 of my flights.

Reactions: Dangerly
I Love flying fixed wing FPV and I used to own a nice little kit I bought on Ebay. I am also part 107 cert. and I do security services with my Quads. Fixed wing is really great IF you have a flying field nearby ( Thats the only place my friends and I have found to do it without worry. we are A.M.A. members (You need to be to fly at these fields) and some of them still only Race fixed wing FPV. I really don't see any practical Commercial purpose for it (maybe the occasional camera shot I guess). They are Mostly Raced for fun with other fixed wing FPV airplanes. with a lot of spotters around.
I have never flown a fixed wing under 107 but I suppose I could

Reactions: Dangerly
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13