DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do I need a Mini 3

I don't have Mavic 3 but I had the Mavic 2 Pro out yesterday for first time in a month and frankly it was almost scary how weighty it seems - even picking it you you had to readjust to the brick-like mass.
When you take off it seems outrageously noisy and could not help thinking it might make a good strimmer. You also get a tremendous downdraught compared to mini 3 which was rather pleasant at 25C

Used my M2P for first time since the mini, yep it felt really heavy BUT much more stable in the gusty wind and far more able to maintain speed back into it.
I got reminded how little i trust the battery lock on it though - one side unlatched yet again on return.
It was very nice to not have to use the Fly app though!

Used my M2P for first time since the mini, yep it felt really heavy BUT much more stable in the gusty wind and far more able to maintain speed back into it.
I got reminded how little i trust the battery lock on it though - one side unlatched yet again on return.
It was very nice to not have to use the Fly app though!
The only major downside to the Mini3 is the lack of stability in winds. Obviously, a drone this small and light will get thrown around in winds more than heavier and bigger drones will. This is usually not a huge deal most of the time when winds are not strong and gusty.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Looking forward to having the spiffy new remote be compatible with the Air 2s and what the hell the mini 2 and I'll say it again the new remote is a game changer

as a Mini 2 owner for about a half year I am of course thinking about another drone, and an upgrade over the Mini 2. That's even though I am completely happy with the Mini 2

now for me, the new RC is irrelevant. I'm using the Tripltek 8. I had an opportunity to compare the 1200 nits of the Tripltek to the 700 nits of the RC on a sunny day, and it really was no comparison. The Tripltek was very visible, the RC wasn't. And of course the 8" screen just crushes the tiny screen on the RC

yeah, there is a weight factor but I don't spend much time hiking in to someplace to fly. So I just keep the Tripltek mounted to the RC-N1 ready to fly and there isn't much boot up time

so, if I got the Mini 3 or Air2S I'd just order another RC-N1 and dedicate it to the new drone. I like the idea of the plus batteries and extended flight time for the Mini 3. That might be the deciding factor, although wind resistance might weight the decision a bit.

thinking of spending nearly $3000 on a Mavic 3 seems a little excessive

as a Mini 2 owner for about a half year I am of course thinking about another drone, and an upgrade over the Mini 2. That's even though I am completely happy with the Mini 2

now for me, the new RC is irrelevant. I'm using the Tripltek 8. I had an opportunity to compare the 1200 nits of the Tripltek to the 700 nits of the RC on a sunny day, and it really was no comparison. The Tripltek was very visible, the RC wasn't. And of course the 8" screen just crushes the tiny screen on the RC

yeah, there is a weight factor but I don't spend much time hiking in to someplace to fly. So I just keep the Tripltek mounted to the RC-N1 ready to fly and there isn't much boot up time

so, if I got the Mini 3 or Air2S I'd just order another RC-N1 and dedicate it to the new drone. I like the idea of the plus batteries and extended flight time for the Mini 3. That might be the deciding factor, although wind resistance might weight the decision a bit.

thinking of spending nearly $3000 on a Mavic 3 seems a little excessive
You'll cave in soon enough, it's only a matter of time 😀

Reactions: YVRGUY and moldorf
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke