DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do Not Buy this POS Sunshade

MrMavic

Reactions
It comes into camera view a lot, especially when it's windy, or when you need to fly a little faster. It has ruined a lot of my videos. I'm open to suggestions for one that actually works.

images.jpeg

I could make one out of duct tape that would work better than this one. I did like the fact that it offers a little protection for the camera.

Reactions: SkunkWerx's
Total rubbish , I got a refund from Amazon. Worst upgrade I have purchased for the Mavic .

It does work ---- I had the same problems the op had when I was in Sports Mode going full speed forward I would see about an 1/8" on the top of my screen ------ I trimmed it down and it's fine now .
I think this shade was not designed to shade the sun from the Mavic camera from the front (flying into the sun) They should specify this.
It does shade the camera from the sun approx. at 1 o'clock to 5 o'clock from the sides ---- This also I feel they should specify
Just my 2 cents on this Shades problems
Cheer's

It's been stated that users have to Dremel trim it, as I have, but I frankly just use it for storage, as I don't have flare problems, even at sunset.

Reactions: BCMoto
Yeah, I also bought this one as "start package accessories" and used it twice - both times upper edge comes into camera view during quick turns.
Since it's no use and I can't return it, I will probably try to trim it. The only reasonable argument to keep it in use is to protect the gimbal a bit in case of minor impacts.
Otherwise it's pure rubbish.

Just out of intrest. My first post on here btw. Hello all. Do most people fly with the gimble cover on or off? I am new to the drone world and have been taking it off when flying/recording. The one time i had it on i could see hair line type shadows/glare on the footage which im guessing is what the gadget in the OP is meant for. Although looking at the reviews on here not worth it.

Thanks

Jk

Just out of intrest. My first post on here btw. Hello all. Do most people fly with the gimble cover on or off? I am new to the drone world and have been taking it off when flying/recording. The one time i had it on i could see hair line type shadows/glare on the footage which im guessing is what the gadget in the OP is meant for. Although looking at the reviews on here not worth it.

Thanks

Jk
I normally fly with the cover off, better pictures and no prop reflection.

I normally fly with the cover off, better pictures and no prop reflection.
Apparently I'm doing something wrong I've never had a problem with the sunshade. At high speeds I see the props but not to shade. But I've never ran without the shade. I'll have to try it without the shade and see if it's really the props.

It does work ---- I had the same problems the op had when I was in Sports Mode going full speed forward I would see about an 1/8" on the top of my screen ------ I trimmed it down and it's fine now .
I think this shade was not designed to shade the sun from the Mavic camera from the front (flying into the sun) They should specify this.
It does shade the camera from the sun approx. at 1 o'clock to 5 o'clock from the sides ---- This also I feel they should specify
Just my 2 cents on this Shades problems
Cheer's

It also helps with prop shadow which I've gotten a couple of times while flying with the sun overhead. It's made for taking video in tripod mode or slower speed. Personally if I'm going to be flying in a more spirited style I don't want anything that might cause any reduction in flow into the air intake so I wouldn't use it in that situation anyway.

Reactions: SkunkWerx's
I use the sunshade the OP posted regularly for stills photos. I never shoot video

PGYtech has released a newer style hood that has a larger opening and detachable flared attachment.

It also helps with prop shadow which I've gotten a couple of times while flying with the sun overhead. It's made for taking video in tripod mode or slower speed. Personally if I'm going to be flying in a more spirited style I don't want anything that might cause any reduction in flow into the air intake so I wouldn't use it in that situation anyway.
You do have a point about reduction of air flow into the air intake even though it is minimum , I would not use it on hot days just to be safe .
Thank you for adding to the post and pointing this out Thumbswayup

Reactions: k3vnnyork
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure