DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do Not Disturb

Paul Iddon

Reactions
I have just (after reading about it here and there) put Do Not Disturb into my mobile phone options.

I assume it’s best to set the phone to this when flying?

I have added to the exceptions the DJI Fly app, and Drone Assist app. I guess this is the logical thing to do?

I’ve not flown the Mini 3 Pro with DND turned on yet, but I expect it will be better doing this every time (or do most of you not bother)?

Current phone is a Samsung S20 Plus though I might be upgrading to the Samsung S23 Ultra (or Plus) very soon.

Paul.

I have just (after reading about it here and there) put Do Not Disturb into my mobile phone options.

I assume it’s best to set the phone to this when flying?

I have added to the exceptions the DJI Fly app, and Drone Assist app. I guess this is the logical thing to do?

I’ve not flown the Mini 3 Pro with DND turned on yet, but I expect it will be better doing this every time (or do most of you not bother)?

Current phone is a Samsung S20 Plus though I might be upgrading to the Samsung S23 Ultra (or Plus) very soon.

Paul.
I either use my iPad mini 6 which doesn't have cellular, or if I use my phone set it on airplane mode.
If using the tablet, if I need some type of internet connections... maps etc.. I can use my phone as a hotspot.

Just use airplane mode, any working antenna on the mobile phone will interfere with the controller antenna to some degree, specially Wi-Fi.

No need to use any mode, unless you want to stop calls coming in when you are flying, todays newer quads dont suffer from interference from the phone or at least none that I have ever encountered in my years of flying DJI quads

I guess I have never had issues with having phone calls coming in. I use a iPad mini 6. The few times that I have used my iPhone I guess I have been lucky. Flying with a tablet of some kind I have found is much better than a phone. You get to see things much bigger than with a dinky phone. I have even used my 12.9" iPad Pro when I am doing demo flights so other people can see the screen. Just a suggestion.

I fly with an ear bud in so if a call does come in I can answer if I want with a tap and minimal interruption to the app. Also easier to hear notifications.

Whenever I'm flying, the phone is always in do not disturb mode, even though I don't use the main phone as the screen (S23U) but use it as the mobile hotspot for the tablet (A7lite) or S22U screen. Still never want people calling me as it's another distraction.

Reactions: Paul Iddon
Just use airplane mode, any working antenna on the mobile phone will interfere with the controller antenna to some degree, specially Wi-Fi.

Most airplane modes will still allow a WiFi signal since some airlines provide a Wi-Fi service during the flight.

As lookout has mentioned above, Airplane mode shuts off the data stream from the cell towers during the flight.

Reactions: Paul Iddon
Is that a pun?

It's not really airplane mode. It's actually don't confuse all the cell towers at one time.
It was, indeed. :)

Reactions: Gagey52

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman