DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do Not like Hyperlapse Waypoints

Akademik

Reactions
Today is a beautiful day out so of course I went to get some air time in. Decided to explore some features and tried Waypoints. Now I had seen YT videos on WP on the MP2 and the mini? Maybe. They were able to take it to several points, decide where the camera would point, take a picture, the pattern, and the number of stops.
Well let me tell you MA2 is nothing like that. I have to go to the farthest point then come back to start the process. I know I can go backwards yada yada. But I kept getting this "camera angle too far" error. What's the point of setting points if I can't take a picture of what I want at the waypoint? Also, it's only Hyperlapse! Ummmm nevermind.

You have to think about it like this basically it's warning you that in the little bit of time frame that the drone is going to be taking pictures while in waypoint your camera is exceeding its limits.... basically the five or six second video going to look like trash because the camera is going to be all over the place moving very rapidly in short distances and in hyperlapse thats a no bueno.... so you have to do small precise movements also incorporating yaw....I thought it was kind of stupid at first but then I started messing with it it's pretty cool you will get the hang of it

Reactions: cdrracing
You have to think about it like this basically it's warning you that in the little bit of time frame that the drone is going to be taking pictures while in waypoint your camera is exceeding its limits.... basically the five or six second video going to look like trash because the camera is going to be all over the place moving very rapidly in short distances and in hyperlapse thats a no bueno.... so you have to do small precise movements also incorporating yaw....I thought it was kind of stupid at first but then I started messing with it it's pretty cool you will get the hang of it
I hear you but if Waypoints want only for Hyperlapse then it wouldn't matter. I'm think I saw a seeing where I could spread out the second between pictures. I'll try that tomorrow. Father's day weekend is going to be great for flying.

I hear you but if Waypoints want only for Hyperlapse then it wouldn't matter. I'm think I saw a seeing where I could spread out the second between pictures. I'll try that tomorrow. Father's day weekend is going to be great for flying.
Hey lucky you! Supposed to rain where i am. :( I did get try out the mavic air 2 aftermarket charger I bought off of Amazon... and it's pretty sweet so much better than the stock charger! No more 75 min per battery. And it still has all the safety features as far as the charging device being grounded, not overcharging/ heat etc I timed for batteries today and they all got done in 118 minutes... I'm stoked with that anyway.. happy fathers day bro have a nice weekend

Hi do you have a link for the charger [emoji4]
Hey lucky you! Supposed to rain where i am. :( I did get try out the mavic air 2 aftermarket charger I bought off of Amazon... and it's pretty sweet so much better than the stock charger! No more 75 min per battery. And it still has all the safety features as far as the charging device being grounded, not overcharging/ heat etc I timed for batteries today and they all got done in 118 minutes... I'm stoked with that anyway.. happy fathers day bro have a nice weekend

Hi do you have a link for the charger [emoji4]
Yes i will link u but looks like u might have to search thru a few amazon vemdors shippimg says late july /august :( here is my charger set up today

Link:

Attachments

• 20200618_101919.jpg
    20200618_101919.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 13
Reactions: ven
Thanks will be getting one of those.
Yes i will link u but looks like u might have to search thru a few amazon vemdors shippimg says late july /august :( here is my charger set up today

Link:

not sure exactly what the problem is, maybe you could make a video recording next time you encounter this issue. I've had some great results with the Waypoints mode in Hyperlapse.
Also, your complaint about having to go to the furthest point and then come back (or do the waypoints in reverse) is the same that it is in the M2's hyperlapse mode, not exactly sure how you would prefer this feature to be working.

not sure exactly what the problem is, maybe you could make a video recording next time you encounter this issue. I've had some great results with the Waypoints mode in Hyperlapse.
Also, your complaint about having to go to the furthest point and then come back (or do the waypoints in reverse) is the same that it is in the M2's hyperlapse mode, not exactly sure how you would prefer this feature to be working.
First I would like to plan the shots without wasting battery. Second, I want to identify designated points take a photo then move to the next point and take a photo. Third I want to make more than 5 adjustments in my plan and those be wherever and however I want the next shot to be. In the current "hyperlapse" only version, you have to keep your movements close so that the image isn't messed up.

Reactions: OneQuickSix
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d