DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do the standard (white) goggles have range issues with the Mavic 2?

White goggles are limited to 2.4ghz so they are subject to more interference than the RE goggles which can flip to 5.8ghz which is a cleaner band to be using.

White goggles are limited to 2.4ghz so they are subject to more interference than the RE goggles which can flip to 5.8ghz which is a cleaner band to be using.

But don’t the RE ones have really bad range issues? It’s the main reason I’m opting for the white ones. Also, would there be a huge difference in range between 5.8 and 2.4ghz? Basically what I’m asking is: do the white goggles work as intended? Do they work as good as on the MP1?

Depends where you live. FCC region will give you full range in both bands whereas in CE region 2.4ghz region will give better range (with the greater interference)

Depends where you live. FCC region will give you full range in both bands whereas in CE region 2.4ghz region will give better range (with the greater interference)

Thanks a lot for your help and sorry if I sound totally clueless. So have the range issues with the RE goggles been solved then? I live in Canada so it’s fcc. Do u know if the white goggles preform as well with the Mavic 2 as they do with the original Mavic? That’s basically my main concern. I keep reading about people having problems with the goggles an M2P, so I’m scared to buy them and then have to deal with DJI to get a refund if they don’t work properly.

Do u know if the white ones have any issues? I guess I’ll go with those if they work as well with the Mavic 2 as with the original Mavic.

Looks like the white one are working fine. But its limited to 2.4ghz only, and I think it only transmit 1080p video for shorter distances and 720p for longer. (according to people @ official DJI forum)

However, there seems to be some few people who have been able to fly several km with the RE goggles on the Mavic 2, but the majority seem to have range issues on 5.8ghz. But the RE goggles can also be set to 2.4ghz only.

I don't have any goggles myself, but I try to follow the official forum for updates, so far it's no response from DJI and it's been like this since Mavic 2 came out.

Reactions: Adrabago
Thanks so much for your help. Have u heard anything about not being able to record in 4K and transmit in 1080p at the same time with the white goggles? I heard it switches to 1080p recording unless u set it to 720p for transmission.

Looks like the white one are working fine. But its limited to 2.4ghz only, and I think it only transmit 1080p video for shorter distances and 720p for longer. (according to people @ official DJI forum)

However, there seems to be some few people who have been able to fly several km with the RE goggles on the Mavic 2, but the majority seem to have range issues on 5.8ghz. But the RE goggles can also be set to 2.4ghz only.

I don't have any goggles myself, but I try to follow the official forum for updates, so far it's no response from DJI and it's been like this since Mavic 2 came out.

Take note where the people complaining about short range 5.8ghz are from. Europe CE is likely my guess whereas those saying it's fine are from America FCC.

Take note where the people complaining about short range 5.8ghz are from. Europe CE is likely my guess whereas those saying it's fine are from America FCC.

My RE goggles have serious range issues and I live in a very rural area in the U.S.A. I normally don't even try to use them except for occasionally having someone else put them on for a short flight so they can see what the drone sees. It's sad that they don't work any better than they do. For me it was definitely money wasted.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HCholdings