DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you have a Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom?

Do you own a Mavic 2 Pro or Mavic 2 Zoom?

• Total voters

jwt873

Reactions
From following varous forums, YouTube, review sites, etc.. It seems that the Mavic 2 Pro is quite a bit more popular than the Zoom. Thought I'd try a straw poll here to see how much more the Pro outsells the Zoom.

I fly both but I don't own them. But I think Pro is slightly better than zoom.

Pro. I don't currently own any zoom lenses and in the past I've never gotten much use out of them so I barely gave the zoom model a second thought. Also I thought the one inch sensor was actually one inch and that was a huge selling point for me. I asked my photographer friends after I found out what it was and none of them had heard of it but none of us do video and I understand its a video camera tube sensor measurement. I haven't had a chance to really take it out and see what it can do but from what I have read about the limitations of the raw files it produces I'm a lot less excited than before. I don't do HDR or photoshop, just Lightroom, so I'm already expecting it to be more of a burden than a useful tool. Something I feel like I have to try and get some use out of because of how much I put into it rather than something that I enjoy using to take good photos. I think if I end up crashing it I'll be more relieved than anything else.

I shoot like 90% film so I'm all about exposing for the shadows already but I've read it also blows out the highlights right away too so unless you have very even lighting it seems like it doesn't leave you much to work with. I guess I'll find out for myself soon enough.

I brought the zoom for ease of use without upgrading my computer as well.

Originally purchased the 2 Pro, but switched into the Zoom because of that feature.

Zoom. I'm a hobbyist, not a pro. I might tweak some color and contrast in a photo editor now and again, but I'm just flailing around and have little knowledge of how to truly use the RAW format to it's full potential. I also wanted to be able to get close to something without having to be close to it.

Reactions: MikeMauk
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair