DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you have trouble engaging the tracking options?

Kyle76

Reactions
I have worked with these a little bit, but I'm having trouble getting consistent tracking with the MA2. From what I understand, you just tap on the person or object you want to track to engage the tracking options, but if I put the drone above the trees, it's hard for me to get it to lock on even in zoom mode. I think at 100 feet, the target is too small to be identified easily. Any tips for making this work more consistently (other than bringing the drone lower, which I'll have to try somewhere other than my neighborhood with trees in every direction).

Probably can't give you much other than to tell you I went out to do a test flight for you and I am researching your issue. I guess first to address is your location. Your trying to track yourself or moving vehicle?? I am trying to get a picture of what it is your trying for I guess being surrounded with tree obstacles. I can see you using the Spotlight function for the aircraft to remain stationary and track, but then height isn't a issue.

Other than that one would keep altitude low and hope the APAS system would avoid the trees if possible or just stop and hover if not, thus losing your track. While I am flying a M2Z not a MA2. The procedures are a bit different, but premise is the same. My APAS doesn't work in intelligent flight modes and I believe yours does (ActiveTrack & APAS 3.0)?

Unfortunately as I was flight testing to understand a possible workaround the daily rain arrived and I had to abort flight testing... So that was that.

So what I did observe and have to ask is at height do you get a circle on your target (Which tells you it could track?) If so what happens on this touch to confirm target? Are you in 1080p so your zoom is full 4X? Guess at least I need a bit more to go on, to give some incite. But again not having my MA2 yet will just be what works on my end, but should be much better with the Active Track and APAS you have.

Anyway charging up a another battery incase it quits raining to check a height and zoom in test. Guess someone else can chime in with anything more at this point. :)

I have worked with these a little bit, but I'm having trouble getting consistent tracking with the MA2. From what I understand, you just tap on the person or object you want to track to engage the tracking options, but if I put the drone above the trees, it's hard for me to get it to lock on even in zoom mode. I think at 100 feet, the target is too small to be identified easily. Any tips for making this work more consistently (other than bringing the drone lower, which I'll have to try somewhere other than my neighborhood with trees in every direction).
I have been trying to work with this tracking as well. Have noticed that the system won't lock onto a moving boat. Have tried at altitudes from 80 ft, maybe I need to go lower.

When I tap on myself to begin tracking, I often don’t get anything—no plus sign or box. Trying to draw a box around me doesn’t help, either. Is there some sort of trick to this or is my target just too small?

When I tap on myself to begin tracking, I often don’t get anything—no plus sign or box. Trying to draw a box around me doesn’t help, either. Is there some sort of trick to this or is my target just too small?
When I was a new MA2 pilot, 5 days ago, ;) I tried engaging the tracking system in photo mode. Once I switched over to the video mode it works on me and the car. Still can't get it track the dog nor a boat. It says only people and vehicles in the error prompt.

I agree. Sometimes it doesn't lock in. I've tracked boats before, but the other day it locked on the water, not the boat.

So I did a manual orbit of the boat.

It's nice and handy and I fool with it at least once on most flights. I like to spiral up and away from the target and it doesn't hang on all that long in my experience. Could be my choice of targets.

I've been nearly 100% unsuccessful in tracking mode. Either it doesn't recognize the target, says it's too far away, or it looses the target. A week or so ago, I had the MA2 about 20-30 feet up and had it track me walking down a park road. It lost me numerous times, despite a clear shot, but moving in and out of shadows.

Tried tracking a semi truck, maybe 40' up, and lost tracking as it crossed behind a light pole.

It's been rather frustrating.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000